Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama relection is in real trouble - YEH!
Pokes28 Wrote:And let me clarify one point from earlier in this discussion.

The Obama family vacation cost was not including when BO is with them. The figures are simply when Michelle and kids and friends, etc all go out on OUR dime. She had a trip to Spain that cost the country over half a million bucks in 2010. The weekend trip to Aspen was over $100K. etc. There have been 12 such vacations by Michelle and the girls.

As for GWB's vacation days. It is a bit distorted. On his Texas ranch he had a complete office setup. There is nothing that he couldn't do from there that he could do from the Oval Office. Fact is that many many people that saw it said that he was just more comfortable in Texas and ended up putting in longer days. The media just hated it because they had to leave the beltway.

As for does the Government create jobs in the private sector. The answer is "no." However the Government can prevent jobs from being created. That is actually the case with Obama's administration. He allows the EPA to ruin a ton of viable and valid projects. Heck just the creation of the pipeline from Canada to the gulf coast would create over 25,000 full time jobs that would last a few years. Then would scale down to 10K full time permanent jobs after the project is complete. The President won't sign off on it. Obamacare is preventing a lot of employers from hiring... Why? Because even today, no employer knows how much it will cost to pay for the health benefits of its employees. In fact, the owner of the company I work for has said that one of the reasons for these high priced automation projects that he's pushing (must be in by the end of this year) is Obamacare. Don't have to pay the excess for those that aren't covered if you limit your employees. Plus if the industry drops then it isn't a problem to shut down a computer/robot, but telling somebody who's family relies on the paycheck to pay the bills is a different story. There are many examples of this administration being very unfriendly to businesses that I can discuss, however the basic fundamentals of the discussion are that regulations are generally bad for business. Look at California. They have every advantage known to man - great weather, natural beauty, and a very educated work force. Yet more businesses are leaving that state than any other. Sure programming/tech companies like Google won't leave the San Jose area, but they have more doctors fleeing the state than all other 50 states combined. They have many companies (my employer included) that close off operations in the state because it is simply too hard to do business there.

Why are companies moving out of the US? Because of very high corporate tax rates, extraordinary regulation, and overall cost of labor. The cost of labor is high because it has to be to pay for the added costs of taxes and regulation. This isn't something that has been handled well by either party, but it isn't something that a Democrat will fix. To fix it will fly in the face of the liberal belief system.

One last thing on this post. A couple years ago there was a debate over the creation of a job. To Obama he said he didn't care if it was a Government job or private sector job because "a job is a job." While that is true on the surface, it isn't true in the grand scheme of things. Lets just say that the entire country was nationalized (won't happen but just for argument sake). That means that every single dime of taxes has to come from those that receive money. Which means that every single American would have to pay more than their salary in taxes to keep the American hand out system going as is. So at its very core, a Government job is a job that can't even pay for itself economically. So the more people that work for the government, the harder it is for the rest of us to pay for it. We are now at a point where 93% of what is collected in taxes is spent just to pay off the debt. So any new spending (and Obamacare alone will far more than double the Government costs of heathcare) basically means that we are headed to the cliff. The cliff comes when we reach that mark where we can't pay the debt payments and make payroll at the same time. Lots of focus right now on Greece. We are only a few short years from the same thing. That is what should scare the hell out of everybody. When that happens, we won't have a bigger richer collection of countries giving us money to give us time to fix our problems. We will have mandatory spending cuts and mandatory government layoffs. It will be the worlds largest austerity package and we can see from where we are right now. It can be fixed, but when you consider the fight from the White House just to cut spending back to the level of the year before Obama took office which is still a massive amount of debt, and it is clear the only thing he'll do is push us over the cliff.

That's OK though Pokes, none of these guys care as long as welfare, unemployment and government healthcare are still available, job numbers can still be manipulated to make it look like they are improving when they are not and and the gays can get married. B/c that is really what is important, not the financial future of our country. Plus Obama is just so damn likable, I want to go drinking with him and Rommney is a big fat meanie!!!!!

Confusedarcasm: in case you couldn't tell
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
:crank:
Joe Wrote::crank:

just like a leftie liberal hippie. sit around jerking off with government supplied lotion. unbelievable.
LeNeve Wrote:

just like a leftie liberal hippie. sit around jerking off with government supplied lotion. unbelievable.

:high5:

He will probably file a disability claim now from the carpel tunnel off cranking it and get Social Security Disability.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I dry rub like a real american.
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

He will probably file a disability claim now from the carpel tunnel off cranking it and get Social Security Disability.

I have never filed a disability claim in my life. I also have never used food stamps. I did collect 4 months worth of unemployment once since I started working at like 16.

I like to have the option though. In fact when I let my house go into foreclosure and I wind up out on the streets I may have to hit up some of this government funding.
I actually do not have a problem with unemployment. As long as it stays limited.

I think that unemployment should be something that people can sign up for and not be mandatory. It should also not be a Government program. If a person chooses to not pay for unemployment insurance (which is all that unemployment is) then they can take a few bucks extra home every week. If they want the added protection, they can shop around and find the best fit for them.

I'm tired of mandatory safety nets. I want an America where people are free to fail. I don't say this to be harsh, I just believe that a society that isn't free to fail is one that isn't free. You can't put in catchalls without hurting upward mobility.

However out of all of the Government programs out there, unemployment is among the least offensive to me.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:I think that unemployment should be something that people can sign up for and not be mandatory. It should also not be a Government program. If a person chooses to not pay for unemployment insurance (which is all that unemployment is) then they can take a few bucks extra home every week. If they want the added protection, they can shop around and find the best fit for them.

I'm tired of mandatory safety nets. I want an America where people are free to fail. I don't say this to be harsh, I just believe that a society that isn't free to fail is one that isn't free. You can't put in catchalls without hurting upward mobility.

However out of all of the Government programs out there, unemployment is among the least offensive to me.

I agree. And I too find unemployment the least offensive b/ you actually do pay into it. You can be a welfare baby for 10 years, then work at McDonald's for one day, get fired for being late and get UC. You need to actually pay into it first, and you can't get it if you quit.

Oh and back to the original statement of this thread.

Obama is in real trouble. He and Biden have made a ton of trips to New Hampshire. The state with 4 electoral votes. That is how close they believe the election is going to be. 4 years ago, nobody gave a shit about NH.

Last measures I've seen has this election literally down to a few Ohio counties. If the economy does as I expect and the undecided voters break as they always do (66% to the challenger, 33% to the incumbent) then this election could very easily get away from Obama. Last polls are showing the Obama really screwed up in Wisconsin and there is a 70% chance he will lose that state. That was very much not the case just a couple days before I started this thread. Hell, Michigan, the state that LOVES Obama for "saving the auto industry" only has Obama +6. That is retarded close this far from election day. In the last 30 days, Obama has slipped over 7% in like voter polling. That is a fall on pace with George HW Bush and Jimmy Carter (the last two single term Presidents).

Even if Obama wins (which I think he's got a 40% chance of right now) he will not be able to do anything. The GOP only needs 4 seats in the Senate to have majority if Obama wins (3 if he loses). This is with the expectation that Snow's seat goes blue. Missouri is going to kick out ClaireBear, Nebraska will go GOP, and there are a lot of other seats that the Dems are just having to defend. The GOP only has 10-11 seats to defend and the Dems have 23.

The House will not change much from current layout. The GOP will control it but not have a supermajority.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Not in trouble at all. Move along, nothing to see here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama LeNeve 20 8,216 02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Last Post: knightryda01
  Obama Man Can......From the Bob & Tom Show Brian 0 1,101 05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Brian