Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama relection is in real trouble - YEH!
Pokes28 Wrote:The thing is that most Democrats don't like Obama either. Does anybody really think that there will be a great turnout from college kids like 4 years ago voting 90% for Obama? I don't. Does anybody think that Blacks will turn out in masses like they did 4 years ago? I think it will be higher than normal, but it won't be anywhere near 4 years ago. Same with other minorities.

Those things will add up in a hurry. The first thing you can look at to see that he doesn't have the base that he did 4 years ago are the empty seats. This time 4 years ago there wasn't an arena that he wouldn't fill up. Now he rarely fills places. Another thing to look at is that 4 years ago Obama got millions of small donations from people that were excited about him being President. This year, his small donations have plummeted to a point of being nearly nothing. In fact Romney gets more small donations than Obama. Obama is working the big money donors now because he's actually likely to have less money than Romney come election time. That is HUGE.

This is a world economy. The US right now has 2 positive things going for it. 1) a lot of cars are getting to a point they have to be replaced. This is increasing car sales numbers and this makes him look good in the rust belt where he gave a gazillion US tax dollars to companies who produce most of their goods outside this country. 2) the housing market is finally showing a few signs of growth. Of course this is relative. The housing market could double a few times over and still wouldn't be where it was in 2006.

There are so many more headwinds to the economy that I think will take it down. First, unemployment figures are a lie. The federal government says we are at 8.1% unemployment. However we haven't had a net positive job growth number (more jobs than new people) in a couple months and when those numbers came out, they were winter adjusted even though it was a mild winter across most of the country. So how has the % fallen? Because people are falling off the back. Once you run out of unemployment benefits, you are no longer considered unemployed. The real unemployment number is north of 16% and the underemployed is around 25%. Think those people who have watched Obama push his health agenda instead of anything to do with jobs are going to be excited to crawl out of their box and go vote for him?

The campaign of ugliness is going to hit hard. There are so many bullets in the gun of the GOP right now that this election shouldn't and might not even be close come November. Case in point - Did you know that the Obama family (not counting Barrack) has spent more taxpayer dollars traveling the world on vacations than all of the other first families combined? This is just in 3.5 years. Think the good people of this country will think that is OK when it shows up in a commercial? How about re-revving up ObamaCare and how now the CBO says it will cost 4-5 times what Obama touted just 2 years ago?

Add in what looks to be a potential for economic disaster in Europe that will hurt the US and I just don't see much chance for anything more than slight of hand economic figures.

When asked about what more could Obama do as President, I have a really long list. The problem is that both parties are quick to blame the other. There is going to be adversarial conflict between him and the GOP. He has never once. not a single time accepted anything that the GOP has presented without disaster looming. He loves to blame the do-nothing House. But the House has passed thousands of items that the Dems won't let come to the floor of the Senate. Many of which are items on Obama's "we must do these things to fix the economy" list that is now a priority for him. He had a supermajority in both the house and senate his first two years in office. What did he accomplish? A health care bill that even his own doctor says is bad on every level.

I'm not a huge fan of Romney either. He's easy to dislike. However I'll take a guy that has actually done something in this life over an inept or worse guy like Obama.

:high5:

BRAVO!

:high5: :high5:

Pokes runs too much, but I love his politics!

Counterpoint? I have a feeling it will be more blaming Dubya, blaming Republicans for filabustering and screaming about social issues, that really don't matter in what is failing in this country right now.

:high5: to Pokes.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It all goes past the buffons running for Pres. The parties have gone haywire ikn their division and don't seem to be open to any compromises at all. That's what needs to end / change..

This is true, but still, should we not at least try and getter the better of two evils? While we all know whoever is president does not REALLY matter as long as the two asshole political parties are acting like kids on a 3rd grade playground, the president still could attempt to do things about what is ailing our country NOW. Not send his family on vacations on the American taxpayers dollar.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Why?

Oh social issues alone he's retarded.

Running a company that buys and sells companies is a little different than running a country so lets not say he's a financial genius. If he was such a genius and a patriot why hasn't he offered his great knowledge to help the country years ago?

He was busy turning companies around from the pits to profit.

And dissolving them leaving people out of work.

He dissolved the fat, much like all the government workers who are getting paid to do nothing. He fired people who were holding the company back, that is what a well run company does. Why would you pay people that serve little to no function? Trim the fat, change the business model, make money. His success rate is phenomenal. If he did that with the country, the economy would boom and jobs would not be an issue.

Imagine someone coming into your company Joe and firing all those people you work with that you are always complaining are worthless, then giving that money to you and the other people who do a good job. Then streamlining the bullshit to be more effective. Would you complain about that?

I'm guessing if I fact checked this I wouldn't need a counter point.
SO what about all the job growth that didn't happen while he was governor?
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It all goes past the buffons running for Pres. The parties have gone haywire ikn their division and don't seem to be open to any compromises at all. That's what needs to end / change..

This is true, but still, should we not at least try and getter the better of two evils? While we all know whoever is president does not REALLY matter as long as the two asshole political parties are acting like kids on a 3rd grade playground, the president still could attempt to do things about what is ailing our country NOW. Not send his family on vacations on the American taxpayers dollar.
Are you suggesting Obama is the first president to bring his family with him on vacation? I read a fun fact last week the GWB spent more days on vacation than JFK did in office... :wink:
Pete Nice Wrote:He dissolved the fat, much like all the government workers who are getting paid to do nothing. He fired people who were holding the company back, that is what a well run company does. Why would you pay people that serve little to no function? Trim the fat, change the business model, make money. His success rate is phenomenal. If he did that with the country, the economy would boom and jobs would not be an issue.

Imagine someone coming into your company Joe and firing all those people you work with that you are always complaining are worthless, then giving that money to you and the other people who do a good job. Then streamlining the bullshit to be more effective. Would you complain about that?
No effect on jobs?
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:He dissolved the fat, much like all the government workers who are getting paid to do nothing. He fired people who were holding the company back, that is what a well run company does. Why would you pay people that serve little to no function? Trim the fat, change the business model, make money. His success rate is phenomenal. If he did that with the country, the economy would boom and jobs would not be an issue.

No effect on jobs?

I know right... :roll:
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Are you suggesting Obama is the first president to bring his family with him on vacation? I read a fun fact last week the GWB spent more days on vacation than JFK did in office... :wink:

he is the first to spend more money on family vacations than every other president EVER!

JDubb Wrote:

No effect on jobs?

Yes, b/c in a good economy, the people who were fired for being essentially pork barrel employees, will be able to return quickly to work in a booming job market. And we all know that good economies are a booming job market.

Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

No effect on jobs?

So you guys are advocating the keeping of do nothing worthless employees.?

OK, I will keep that in mind.

Make sure to remember that the next time you bitch about co-workers, or employees of companies you have come across that are worthless.......

Hey guys, let's not fire anyone.

It makes social advocates feel better.

Who cares if their jobs are not productive, their work stinks and they are holding back the economy as a whole, we would hate for them to be unemployed for a short period in order to better the economy in the long run.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

No effect on jobs?

So you guys are advocating the keeping of do nothing worthless employees.?

Make sure to remember that the next time you bitch about co-workers, or employees of companies you have come across that are worthless.......
Not at all, I was just challenging how there is no effect on jobless rates. It's like you were saying it's ok they are unemployed, they suck. :poke:
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

No effect on jobs?

Yes, b/c in a good economy, the people who were fired for being essentially pork barrel employees, will be able to return quickly to work in a booming job market. And we all know that good economies are a booming job market.
I'm not sure if historically this is accurate.
Pete Nice Wrote:So you guys are advocating the keeping of do nothing worthless employees.?

Where's your proof that they were worthless? These were entire companies.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama LeNeve 20 8,216 02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Last Post: knightryda01
  Obama Man Can......From the Bob & Tom Show Brian 0 1,101 05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Brian