Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Five Year Engagement
Quote:Beginning where most romantic comedies end, this film looks at what happens when an engaged couple keeps getting tripped up on the long walk down the aisle.

We went and saw this last night. It was all right, not what I expected (was thinking it was going to be crazy Superbad-style madness). But still a decent movie. Your women will be happy with it, I think. Segel doesn't show any cock shots... unfortunately. Confusedad:

Jim thought this flick was going to be about us. Scary that there were some similarities.....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
You're weirf. Superbad?

Isn't this movie title the perfect example of a romantic comedy style movie title?
It's a Judd Apatow film. I don't know about you, but I don't see Apatow's name linked with sappy love stories.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
I wouldn't mind seeing it because I like Emily Blunt.

ON a related note, I saw Cabin In The Woods last weekend. It was a pretty cool movie. I'd recommend seeing that.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It's a Judd Apatow film. I don't know about you, but I don't see Apatow's name linked with sappy love stories.

I thought it would be a lot like Knocked Up.

I still say you're weirf, Superbad was high schoolers trying to get drunk and laid.
From the previews this movie didnt look all that great. I figured I'd wait for it to come out on rental and get it then...
Joe Wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing it because I like Emily Blunt.

ON a related note, I saw Cabin In The Woods last weekend. It was a pretty cool movie. I'd recommend seeing that.

Really? I was thinking Cabin looked like shit from the trailers
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:It's a Judd Apatow film. I don't know about you, but I don't see Apatow's name linked with sappy love stories.

I still say you're weirf, Superbad was high schoolers trying to get drunk and laid.

I'm talking about the level of humor, dumbass, not the plot.

:poke:
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:It's a Judd Apatow film. I don't know about you, but I don't see Apatow's name linked with sappy love stories.

I'm talking about the level of humor, dumbass, not the plot.

:poke:

Haha.

:taterpie: