Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Summer Beers"
Yesterday on the show Rich was talking about ManMosas which he had at some NJ hangout place. The drink was Blue Moon Beer, OJ, and orange vodka. That is one in a long line of what is called "Summer Beers."

A Summer Beer is not a style, it is a cocktail that has beer in it and is light and refreshing. There are a lot of different styles that take advantage of the beer. Blue Moon is made such that orange really sets it off. So they play on that.

One summer beer that I had last year in College Station, Texas used Fat Tire beer, Vanilla Vodka, and fresh made lemonade, served over ice. It is really nice. First off make a simple syrup of 3/4 cup sugar to one cup warm water, stir till blended then chill - I would make more than needed just to have it on hand. When ready to make the lemonade, fresh squeeze a lemon (since only need about half a pint, one lemon should be enough) into a pint glass with ice. Fill to a touch over half full with the simple syrup, add a shot (1.5 oz) of vanilla vodka then fill the rest of the pint glass with Fat Tire. It is damn tasty
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Generally, I don't care for beer. But I honestly, might like to try one of these these.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I love summer beers. My favorite is Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy! It's awesome on a super hot day.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
MattInMinnesota Wrote:I love summer beers. My favorite is Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy! It's awesome on a super hot day.

That's the first beer I thought of. That's a great summer beer.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:I love summer beers. My favorite is Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy! It's awesome on a super hot day.
I love wheat beers in the summer. I think Shandy is way too lemonie. I am not a big fan of lemonade anyway but shandy reminds me a lot of lemonade.

Since I'm a wine guy, I drink a lot of rose wine in the summer along with white and some lighter reds.
JDubb Wrote:shandy reminds me a lot of lemonade.

That's kind of the point.... :roll:

[Image: shandy.jpg]
My favorite:

[Image: Brew-label_bottle2.png]
JDubb Wrote:
I love wheat beers in the summer. I think Shandy is way too lemonie. I am not a big fan of lemonade anyway but shandy reminds me a lot of lemonade.

Since I'm a wine guy, I drink a lot of rose wine in the summer along with white and some lighter reds.
Lienenkugels Sunset wheat is the shizzbsnappy too! I'm just a Linenkugels nut swinger I guess.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

Lienenkugels Sunset wheat is the shizzbsnappy too! I'm just a Linenkugels nut swinger I guess.

Nothing wrong with that.
I love when Pokes drops beer knowledge. :high5:

I was really enjoying this beer last summer. Really good stuff.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/68008">http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/68008</a><!-- m -->
[Image: c_beer_image.gif]
There is one note of distinction.

Summer Beer - is a line of cocktails with beer in them. These are not to be confused with a good beer to drink in the summer. Those aren't cocktails, those are just beer that tend to have good traits for summer consumption (light, fruit, etc). A "Summer Beer" is with ice whereas anybody that puts ice in their beer is a heathen.
I know it's not really a beer. but a lot of times if it's really hot out and i'm looking to change it up I'll get some twisted tea
Not really a beer either, but a good summer drink that comes from a tap. http://www.magners.com
My wife fell in love with Magners when we were in Europe a few years ago. Far better than Strongbow or the other hard apple cider out there.
I thought Magners was beer when I seen it on tap. I was surprised when I tasted it and realized it was cider. I think it will make the list for any cookouts I have over the summer and of course the big 4th of July party.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New beers LeNeve 4 2,982 11-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Top 50 Beers In America Joe 30 9,683 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Spring/Summer Beer LeNeve 28 9,246 02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  JG - Winter Beers Pack some cheer Pokes28 1 1,174 12-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Saranac Summer Brew Brian 0 993 08-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Brian