Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC Makes The Awful Decision To Sue Some Of Its Biggest Fans
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2012032...fans.shtml
My thoughts on that...

UFC Makes The Awful Decision To Sue Some Of Its Biggest Fans
I think that's a dumb view to take on this. It's trying to make it look like the UFC hates it's fans.

They're not going to stop people pirating the fights.
But it is making a big story out of it, and therefore teaching more people how to watch them for free.
Are there really that many people watching crappy online feeds that the UFC needs to spend all this money on court costs just to teach thousands of other people how to do it?
I think more and more fans will just say fuck you to the UFC.
Joe Wrote:I think more and more fans will just say fuck you to the UFC.

I can see that too.
It seems to be one of those fad things that will die down a lot.
It will die down when it pisses off their core fan group. Those ppv can add up and get expensive. Even going to a sports bar or Hooters to watch gets expensive. We'll see how this crap plays out.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I'd say 90% of those people that pirate it don't like it enough to pay for it so they really aren't losing any money.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I think more and more fans will just say fuck you to the UFC.

I can see that too.
It seems to be one of those fad things that will die down a lot.

Right on, but when's the last thime any of you guys ppv'd a boxing fight? Last one i seen on ppv i can remember was Tyson Vs holyfield. I'm not gonna pay $50 to watch a ufc fight that i could read the outcome of it online 10 minutes after it's over. Or i'll just wait to see the replay on spike
The last (and only) PPV fight I bought was George Foreman v. Evander Holyfield in 1991. I had a blowout party that night and we all watched the fight on my then big screen 32" Sony XBR.