Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3/9/12 - Gun Shy on a Friday
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I think here, you have to be a full time employee with benifits to get unemployment after a termination. Might even havd to have been there for a year. I don't really remember, seemed like alot of hoops to jump through to get it, so I gave up.

It's easy here, you don't have to be full time and it takes 5 minutes to apply on the internet

wow.
Id party like a mo sucka all weekend if I got laid off today. Probaly party until next Friday if I could find people to hang with me.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Yeah, "My services are no longer required".

She said it had more to do with lack of experience and that they're changing their direction.

Whatever.

So you got laid off, not really fired. Sounds better.

Two good things here:

1. They are basically handing you uncontested unemployment.

2. You have the time to look for a new job and should land one faster.

And that is the plan. I already contacted my career manager to get things rolling faster.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
drinking all week alone is not partying, it's being a weird alcoholic.

drinking all week with other people who want to drink all week, thats a party.
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Jeebus, B can't get a break.

Tell me about it! Confusedad:

your chances of getting murder/kidnapped/raped at the gas station are lower now. So thats a good thing.

Good point
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:I think here, you have to be a full time employee with benifits to get unemployment after a termination. Might even havd to have been there for a year. I don't really remember, seemed like alot of hoops to jump through to get it, so I gave up.

I put my 90 days in and I was full-time, so there better not be an issue.
I HATE PIE!!
career burger manager
LeNeve Wrote:drinking all week alone is not partying, it's being a weird alcoholic.

drinking all week with other people who want to drink all week, thats a party.

I gotta spend my weekend gathering up my unemployment info from last time and updating my resume... again.

I was caught way off-guard didn't see it coming at all. I asked her what I did wrong, but she said I didn't do anything wrong.
I HATE PIE!!
Swoot B, I gotta find a new job here soon too. my stepfather sold the rental companies and they don't need an accounting person here so I have to look for a new job. i'm kind of excited about it, he's been kind of a dick to me and a new job will be a great new start. I'm not too worried, there are jobs galore here right now.
michaelangelo Wrote:Swoot B, I gotta find a new job here soon too. my stepfather sold the rental companies and they don't need an accounting person here so I have to look for a new job. i'm kind of excited about it, he's been kind of a dick to me and a new job will be a great new start. I'm not too worried, there are jobs galore here right now.

I am really hoping to find a better fitting job before I get desperate and accept another shit job.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Friday, August 19,2016 ~ Back to the Bricks Beckster 0 381 08-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  Friday, August 12, 2016 ~Floppy Fish Beckster 26 3,195 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Chip