Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop/Tablet Help
I'm pretty sure you don't need a widescreen for W7.
Chip Wrote:I'm pretty sure you don't need a widescreen for W7.

no, you don't.
This is the RAM I have in now
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231018">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820231018</a><!-- m -->

Should I try this Crucial scanner to see what it says

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/">http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/</a><!-- m -->

this is the type of memory my system can handle

Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Slots: 4
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 4GB kit (2GBx2) per slot.*
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
If you upgrade your ram, I'd suggest getting two, 2GB sticks and getting rid of the old ram.
I don't know where if there's any reason I to it, but all my ram in a computer is the exact same.
You 100% don't need widescreen for Windows 7 or even Windows 8.
when my job upgraded to Windows 7 they needed to give us all widescreen monitors before they could do it, must have been another reason
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:when my job upgraded to Windows 7 they needed to give us all widescreen monitors before they could do it, must have been another reason

Yeah, probably because they all wanted widescreen monitors.
Is Windows 7 Home Premium worth $100? I am not into fake copies with serial numbers, with my luck I will get caught.

Instead of a new computer I think I am going to get the new Windows 7 to replace XP. Then maybe more RAM & a new monitor- My b-day is coming up, & my girlfriend needs gift ideas.

Also how do I get Microsoft Office for cheap?
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:Is Windows 7 Home Premium worth $100? I am not into fake copies with serial numbers, with my luck I will get caught.

Instead of a new computer I think I am going to get the new Windows 7 to replace XP. Then maybe more RAM & a new monitor- My b-day is coming up, & my girlfriend needs gift ideas.

100 is a good price for 7. I'd do it.

There are a lot of different Office packages so if you don't need certain apps you don't have to pay a fortune for stuff you don't need.
Donginator Wrote:Is Windows 7 Home Premium worth $100? I am not into fake copies with serial numbers, with my luck I will get caught.

Office home/student edition has excel, word, powerpoint and one note, this would be good enough for many people. the student edition used to come with outlook, but you can use your email provider for a calendar so that's kind of not worth the extra cost. it's $130 for 1pc or $160 for 3pc's
How can I find out of my computer can even upgrade to windows 7?

Also do i need 32 bit or 64 bit?
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
After doing some research:

My current processor/motherboard can only go up to 3.2 GB memory, even if you have 4GB in, it will limit it to 3.2ish

the reason my computer has been so slow because I am using 77% of my memory majority of the time out of 2GB.

Right now Windows 7 64 bit is on sale at newegg for $89, but its probably not worth 64 bit since I can't even get 4gb of memory.

Should I just get 2 more 1gb memory sticks & max it out with 32 bit windows 7.

Or should I look into another computer that can handle more memory & 64 bit Windows 7? which will probably have a better video card as well?

I also ran Malwarebytes & it did not find anything
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Either version of W7 is fine...just max out your system at 4GB of RAM and you'll be happy with how it works.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a tablet PC? HP goes 'bonk' Hondo 58 17,468 09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Hondo
  Laptop to TV Pete Nice 64 19,278 06-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Last Post: DaveP