Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about sports fans!
I wrote this on both forums:

After my 1st time experiencing a Bowl game in person, I observed something & want your opinion.
I saw people get so irate over a bad or a missed call. I'm talking red-faced, voice-losing angry. Don't get me wrong, I screamed at times, but nothing like some people who pretty much go ballistic, then just fume over it. I have a blast at sporting events, but do people like that enjoy the game/sport? I found myself looking over at those people throughout the game just to watch their actions & reactions. That, in itself, was entertaining to me as much as the game. What separates enjoying the game & just plain miserable? I guess that I'm jaded. I've never been that passionate about sports in general. It was sad, but entertaining to me though. What do you think???
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Some people are just angry idiots. And sports is their way of getting it out I guess. It's better there, then somewhere else.

I don't scream and yell, but I do get pissed sometimes, and end up in bad moods for a couple days.
I'm pretty sure I've even come close to a heart attack or two (at least a few in 2004, Philly/Tampa game 6).

But I'd like to think I'm a little more composed in my anger then the people you were watching.
My best example is 49er and Raider fans

9'r fans show up cheer, boo when its appropriate, but when its done they move on with their day (Normal)

Raider fans show up like they just left the thunderdome, faces painted, stabbing people in the parking lot (at away games)

I cheer during the games, boo when I feel I should, yell funny and sometimes inappropriate things at the refs when its quiet (for the crowd to get a laugh).....but I never get angry. Lifes too short to care that much
Brampton Wrote:My best example is 49er and Raider fans

9'r fans show up cheer, boo when its appropriate, but when its done they move on with their day (Normal)

Raider fans show up like they just left the thunderdome, faces painted, stabbing people in the parking lot (at away games)

I cheer during the games, boo when I feel I should, yell funny and sometimes inappropriate things at the refs when its quiet (for the crowd to get a laugh).....but I never get angry. Lifes too short to care that much
:whomo:
Its scary how obsessed people come with sports. Its their life, they would give up everything for sports. In the end its a big business.

I enjoy watching cycling, surfing, triathlons, NCAA Basketball during March madness, NFL football, occasional NHL & NBA, MLB around playoff time. When I tell a baseball fan I only watch in the fall, they go into a rage & I broke some sacred rule. I mentioned yesterday how I am cheering for the NY Giants in the playoffs, even though I am Jets fan, I somehow broke some kind of law & I am a disgrace.

I always mention in other threads how facebook has ruined friendships based on the stuff people post. Sports fan are just ridiculous on there, they comment on individual plays, just plain obsessed. I ask myself are they truly happy with life. They would rather watch a game, than have a night out with their girlfriend/wife.

There is a line of people who enjoy sports, attending a game, relaxing on the couch & watching. Then there is scary obsession & I try to avoid these type of people in my life.
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
To me, man times sports fans take on the identity of their city. NFL fans are the worst IMO. I love going to Vikings games but the way (drunk) fans treat fans of the visiting team. Chicago Bears are awful. I hear that Eagles fans are the worst (Sorry Joe) of any sport. Don't get caught wearing an opposing teams jersey on Philly.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
Eagles fans are the worst. Even Cleveland takes second to them.
Hondo Wrote:OSU football fans are the worst. Even Cleveland takes second to them.

Fixed
With alcohol I understand, but sober???
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
eddieyourdj Wrote:With alcohol I understand, but sober???

Animals are a lot like people Eddie.
Animals are a lot like people.

[youtube]JoAiyUduyrY[/youtube]
aren't all philly fans pretty bad? either way, i couldn't be that fanatical about sports. i'm a huge raptors fan, but since I don't live in Toronto, or near an NBA city for that matter, I will just be a casual fan. Also my daughter takes precedence over sports.
In college football WVU fans are on the top of the obnoxious pyramid. Ohio State isn't anywhere close to that madness.
Hondo Wrote:In college football WVU fans are on the top of the obnoxious pyramid. Ohio State isn't anywhere close to that madness.

If you want to see what Ohio State fans are really like, wear a UofM shirt there.
Who cares if they can act civilized 'most' of the time.
The crazy is there, you just have to bring it out.
Hondo Wrote:In college football WVU fans are on the top of the obnoxious pyramid. Ohio State isn't anywhere close to that madness.

:whomo:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I have friends who you can't speak to if the Red Wings lose. I think people just get so caught up in their favorites teams and so passionate for the sport that they behave irrationally.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fourm military guys (tough question) negadave 8 3,218 12-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Hondo
  Passionate about Sports Beckster 21 6,509 05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
  Star Wars Question(s) cody 19 6,514 02-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Last Post: cody
  More of a vent than a question. Greg Mercer 31 8,497 02-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Last Post: i bleed green
  Fan loyalty question!!! eddieyourdj 22 7,558 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  100 Sexiest Women of Sports Derick 5 2,862 10-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Last Post: ap bikini team
  Dumb Question negadave 11 4,059 08-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Last Post: negadave
  Random Question of the Day NussieT 20 5,988 04-26-2010, 09:58 PM
  Pro Sports Jerseys - Do you buy them, and/or do you wear em? Brampton 18 6,882 03-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Last Post: ap bikini team