Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
he said suck it. its funny, cause he's from Arkansas. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Arkansas
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Arkansas, it's kind of just the pirate version of Kansas. Right?
Kansas & Arkansas... I can't figure the difference out.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
When all those cars came without keys, I was wondering how people would get in, if the battery was dead.

They call the Ford dealer. Or have it towed here. Sometimes I would go to them, with a wedge thing, and a big long crooked metal rod, pry the top of the door open, with the wedge, then violently insert, and rape the crack in the door with the metal rod, until I could hook the handle. Not a pretty thing for the owner of the car to watch.

and either way, towed, or service call, 200 bucks and up.
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I'm working on a dodge charger. Instead of an ignition key, it has some sort of butt plug thing you jam in the dashboard to start it.

I had to drive my friends Town & Country last night.
It has that same thing.
Keys are really coming to an end, aren't they?
somewhat. VW has the "Kessy" system, which is keyless entry and ignition, but if it fails there is still a key for both

A friend has a Cadillac CTS, it unlocks when you get close to it with the key. Then you just push the start button when you're inside.
You just keep the "key" in your pocket at all times.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Arkansas

me either. Confusedad:
LeNeve Wrote:When all those cars came without keys, I was wondering how people would get in, if the battery was dead.

They call the Ford dealer. Or have it towed here. Sometimes I would go to them, with a wedge thing, and a big long crooked metal rod, pry the top of the door open, with the wedge, then violently insert, and rape the crack in the door with the metal rod, until I could hook the handle. Not a pretty thing for the owner of the car to watch.

My wife's Nissan has a fab type "key" but also has a physical key built into the fab in case of battery failure.
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:When all those cars came without keys, I was wondering how people would get in, if the battery was dead.

My wife's Nissan has a fab type "key" but also has a physical key built into the fab in case of battery failure.
was it fabulous? :roflmao:
Brampton Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
Brampton Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

I hate that term.
Where in the hell did that come from anyway?
Chip Wrote:I hate that term.
Thanks Wikipedia...
A key fob is a generally decorative and at times useful item many people often carry with their keys, on a ring or a chain, for ease of tactile identification, to provide a better grip, or to make a personal statement. The word fob may be linked to the low German dialect for the word Fuppe, meaning "pocket", however, the real origin of the word is uncertain. Fob pockets (meaning 'sneak proof' from the German word Foppen) were pockets meant to deter thieves and a chain was used (called a Fob Chain) to attach to items, like a pocket watch, that you would place in them.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Arkansas

Is your wife bullying you on TOMB? and you snuck over here for relief?

Thats what happened to me. Confusedad:
JDubb Wrote:
Thanks Wikipedia...
A key fob is a generally decorative and at times useful item many people often carry with their keys, on a ring or a chain, for ease of tactile identification, to provide a better grip, or to make a personal statement. The word fob may be linked to the low German dialect for the word Fuppe, meaning "pocket", however, the real origin of the word is uncertain. Fob pockets (meaning 'sneak proof' from the German word Foppen) were pockets meant to deter thieves and a chain was used (called a Fob Chain) to attach to items, like a pocket watch, that you would place in them.
I think he meant "fabulous".
JDubb Wrote:
Thanks Wikipedia...

And I just found this...

The word fob is believed to have originated from watch fobs, which existed as early as 1888. The fob refers to an ornament attached to a pocket-watch chain. Key chains, car starters, garage door openers, and keyless entry devices on hotel room doors are also called fobs.

Can we just call them keys?
Brian Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Thanks Wikipedia...
I think he meant "fabulous".
Actually, Chip probably likes the word.
fab five freddy,
Chip Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Thanks Wikipedia...

And I just found this...

The word fob is believed to have originated from watch fobs, which existed as early as 1888. The fob refers to an ornament attached to a pocket-watch chain. Key chains, car starters, garage door openers, and keyless entry devices on hotel room doors are also called fobs.

Can we just call them keys?
Isn't it called a fob, because it is a programmable "Frequency Operated Button"?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM
  Thursday, August 11, 2016 ~ Drama Beckster 42 3,758 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM