Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of current politics
I would say he inherited a fucked up situation that he made substantially worse.
Hey, for me, last year was my best year for work yet.
2 years ago was my worst.

My half assed point?
I think it's stupid to put all the blame/credit for the economy on one person.
Joe Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:[Image: d0436a0a-335c-c1b0.jpg]

Your thoughts?
False info

And you know this how?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Hondo Wrote:I would say he inherited a fucked up situation that he made substantially worse.

:whomo:

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I will finish up this entire thread with a few points.

1. All current politicians are worthless criminals who only care about themselves, making money and getting re-elected.

2. The two party system is broke and needs to go away.

3. It is neither parties fault, instead it is both parties fault.

4. Bush was a terrible president, so is Obama, neither did anything to improve the situation of everyone posting here, the middle class American. In fact BOTH made it worse.

5. Politicians say what the general public want to hear and do what big money wants them to do. (ref. 01-24-12 SOTU address).

Your thoughts?

The gas prices are wrong. They jumped up to just over $4 during Bush's last few months, then dropped down to $2.35-.50 -ish. I remember that quite well.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Your thoughts?

The gas prices are wrong. They jumped up to just over $4 during Bush's last few months, then dropped down to $2.35-.50 -ish. I remember that quite well.

They did jump over $4 under Bush, but then at the end of his term they dropped real low, under $2. As someone who relies on gas in order to do his job,and lots of it, I can attest to this. I have the receipts still also if I really need to scan them, you know, proof, something liberals are short on....

Queerosexuals are using up all the gasoline throwing big gay parties on gas guzzling yachts.

Fact.
In affirming the long held belief of the intelligent- All politicians lie.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20120127/US.Republicans.Debate.Fact.Check/?cid=hero_media_phillyitn">http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/new ... _phillyitn</a><!-- m -->

Here the three main GOP candidates remaining all lied in the debate...
Here is one of my favorite scientists talking about Newt's Moon plan.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashir/46152472/#46152472">http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashi ... /#46152472</a><!-- m -->
I love the idea of continued and expanded space exploration. Having said that in the dire economic situation that this country faces even the idea of spending the billions (if not trillions) of dollars to do this is nothing more than absolute madness.

This shit isn't Lucky Lindy flying across the Atlantic Newt...you dumbass. Wake up. Fix the mess first then we'll consider it. At the rate we're going we'll be lucky to have a technologically superior colony of people here in the United States by 2020.
Hondo Wrote:I love the idea of continued and expanded space exploration. Having said that in the dire economic situation that this country faces even the idea of spending the billions (if not trillions) of dollars to do this is nothing more than absolute madness.

This shit isn't Lucky Lindy flying across the Atlantic Newt...you dumbass. Wake up. Fix the mess first then we'll consider it. At the rate we're going we'll be lucky to have a technologically superior colony of people here in the United States by 2020.

Yeah- the other reason I posted it was what he said at the end. How just having that goal could inspire all sorts of tech that can spin off to help us. Just like how "space race" basically improved our living standards greatly.

But the downside is the commitment of that much gov money that would be needed (I think estimated was over 100bill), and you know they always go over budget by at least two-fold.
Yeah, we don't need to be spending government money on stupid shit like space exploration right now, it might be time to put NASA on a little hiatus and worry about our financial and physical infrastructure.

A democrat friend of mine posted this on Facebook:

[Image: 407803_10150567322383846_777673845_91368...1815_n.jpg]

This is a pretty amazing painting done by artist Jon McNaughton. A larger picture can be found on the internet and the artist's meaning of the painting. The large piece of paper Obama is stepping on is the constitution, the loose dollars are symbolizing the worthlessness of our currency, and the man symbolizes every working American.

Can I vote for this guy?

[youtube]G4yDCUJJm_U[/youtube]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Celebs from your state? negadave 24 7,213 10-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Last Post: cody