Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shiner Bock
[Image: Shiner%20Bock%206pk%20Btls%20WEB.jpg]
I'm sure those of you in the south have this. I never even knew about it till my recent trip down to Texas. Since they don't have Yuengling down there, I decided to go with something outside the mainstream. I tried one when I was at a rib joint near Dallas when I first got there. Love this stuff! If you like Yuengling Lager, I think you'll like Shiner Bock. That pretty much became my "go to" beer the three days I was in Texas, so I brought two cases home with me.
I jumped on their site, and it is available in all but 10 states (OR, ID, HI, NY, and the New England states). They say it's sold here in Pa but in very limited places. I can't find it anywhere around here.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.shiner.com/">http://www.shiner.com/</a><!-- m -->
:beer: :beer: :beer:
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I did a little :rock: when they started selling it here in Michigan.
I first had it about 6 years ago, my cousin who moved to Boston, got married on Cape Cod. Someone from her side of the family had moved to Texas a brought a whole lot of it for the week we were there.
Yeah, it's awesome.
I like the Shiner Hefeweizen too.
My neighbor brought it to my BBQ this year. I know its sold at Rt 15 Beverage Express because I've seen it there.
Sorry for being so absent from this forum. I always enjoy Shiner though while you were in Texas you should have had Ziegenbock which is a Texas beer made in the same style (bock).

I'd give Shiner a 7/10 and Ziegenbock a 7.5/10.

I drink more Shiner because it is available in more places including Missouri whereas Ziegenbock is in Texas only for now.

Interesting story about Shiner is that it is in Shiner, TX. For decades they made absolutely horrible beer. The lowest of the low end shit. Then they hired a German brewmaster and he shut them down for 6 months while he got their facilities up to par. They opened with a thud but then started going to beer festivals and started winning and getting more and more people to try out their only beer (at the time). They built it up and now they offer a range of beer but all of them are crafted and quality is more important than quantity.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michelob Amber Bock LeNeve 3 1,423 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Pokes28