Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headsets
Donginator Wrote:Nice I will use the 2 gifts cards for a new controller and the turtle beach x12 headset

waiting for the controller to drop to $40, whats a good price for the x12 headset?
They retail for $60 but I've seen them onsale for $40-50. My wife got mine at Target after thanksgiving for $40.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
Donginator Wrote:Nice I will use the 2 gifts cards for a new controller and the turtle beach x12 headset

waiting for the controller to drop to $40, whats a good price for the x12 headset?

I think its $59 everywhere. I know that's the price at Target.
Still considering the x12's but all the wires turn me off.

Anyone try out some of the wireless versions?
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:Still considering the x12's but all the wires turn me off.

Anyone try out some of the wireless versions?
Wireless = batteries. no Thanks, I'll deal with the few cords that come with the headsets.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Buy rechargeable batteries.

sent from the legion of doom
I heard there are more issues with the wireless ones. The sound quality is not nearly as good.

I got the X12's for my birthday. The wires are a non issue. I do notice occasional reverb though. The mic is very sensitive also, picks up everything. The sound is pretty damn good though. I find that the mute button is not in a good location to turn on and off quickly. The three volume control buttons are nice though, still trying to find the best mix of the three.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I heard there are more issues with the wireless ones. The sound quality is not nearly as good.

I got the X12's for my birthday. The wires are a non issue. I do notice occasional reverb though. The mic is very sensitive also, picks up everything. The sound is pretty damn good though. I find that the mute button is not in a good location to turn on and off quickly. The three volume control buttons are nice though, still trying to find the best mix of the three.
cool, thanks for the review
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Pete Nice Wrote:I heard there are more issues with the wireless ones. The sound quality is not nearly as good.

So you're not going to punch me in the stomach now since you like them? :?
Rockitdog-C&R forum
MattInMinnesota Wrote:

I am not sure yet...
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:

I am not sure yet...
Confusedwoot:
Rockitdog-C&R forum
since I tend to be cheap on some things, here is my scenario:

I have been waiting for both the controller & the headset to go on sale.
I have a $40 gift card to Kmart/Sears and a $40 gift card to Gamestop

I want to get either or at these stores. The controller was on sale for $40 during the holidays but I didn't have the gift card yet. So in my mind I want to wait for it to on sale, same thing with the headset. They are on sale all the time at other stores.

I also have a $100 american express gift card- should I pay full price & use the american express to pay the difference? Or wait for both to go on sale, if they ever do?
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:since I tend to be cheap on some things, here is my scenario:

I want to get either or at these stores. The controller was on sale for $40 during the holidays but I didn't have the gift card yet. So in my mind I want to wait for it to on sale, same thing with the headset. They are on sale all the time at other stores.

I also have a $100 american express gift card- should I pay full price & use the american express to pay the difference? Or wait for both to go on sale, if they ever do?
the regular black controller is on sale here at best buy, i think they're $40. I don't think the headset is though. The controllers were on sale a while back and that's the only reason I have 2 of them.
michaelangelo Wrote:

the regular black controller is on sale here at best buy, i think they're $40. I don't think the headset is though. The controllers were on sale a while back and that's the only reason I have 2 of them.
I have seen the sale at best buy, but I need to use these gift cards at kmart or sears, I would rather buy the controller at one of these stores
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:

I have seen the sale at best buy, but I need to use these gift cards at kmart or sears, I would rather buy the controller at one of these stores
oh, i thought they would match the price, did you think of that? i brought a flyer from future shop to sears and they matched the price on a microwave for me. i don't know what kmart policy is, we don't have one here
michaelangelo Wrote:oh, i thought they would match the price, did you think of that? i brought a flyer from future shop to sears and they matched the price on a microwave for me. i don't know what kmart policy is, we don't have one here

I don't think Kmart is Canada anymore... We haven't had one in Winnipeg in years... I'm talking like 99 or 2000