Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are you?
ihv800 Wrote::thanks: Grow mostly alfalfa for hay, corn, and wheat. I also raise cattle.

What? No horses?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
i bleed green Wrote:
ihv800 Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:ihv800, you have 59 people in your town? Damn. I used to live in a town with 200. I used to be a farmer too. I also live fairly close to you. 4 hours. Ulysses Kansas

and welcome! we can talk about farming, and piss everyone else off.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Small world, LeNeve. I went to college in Goodland, Kansas. Was offered a job in Garden City after school, but passed to come back home ad continue farming.
I worked on a custom harvest crew in 2007. Spent a week in Goodland. We stayed at the HoJo next to the Wal Mart. Got drunk at the bar downstairs every night. One night we were cutting south of, I think Brewster, n quit at nine cause it looked like we'd get nailed with a thunderstorm. We stayed up drinking until three n got up the next morning at 7. When we got to the field to check it out; not a fucking drop. One night we almost got in a fight cause we told this one chick we didn't like French Canadians.

Kansas.....
i bleed green Wrote:I worked on a custom harvest crew in 2007. Spent a week in Goodland. We stayed at the HoJo next to the Wal Mart. Got drunk at the bar downstairs every night. One night we were cutting south of, I think Brewster, n quit at nine cause it looked like we'd get nailed with a thunderstorm. We stayed up drinking until three n got up the next morning at 7. When we got to the field to check it out; not a fucking drop. One night we almost got in a fight cause we told this one chick we didn't like French Canadians.

Yeah, that sounds about right for a night during harvest in Kansas! :poke:

And, yes, there are a few horses on the farm!