Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want a Classic Mustang? Here's how...
I have mixed feelings about this..

Ford is selling body kits of the classic 1965 Mustang body. It's yours for $15,000 and you get to built the rest of the car around the body however you want. While cool and all, doesn't this take away from the whole "classic car"? Technically, I don't think these would qualify as authentic classics and I am curious how they might devalue the true classics.

[Image: 65bodyresize1_171100.jpg]

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-reintro...stang.html
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
these are made from official Ford stampings.

IMHO, a steel body car is in a different league than a glass body. Especially if its an officially licenced Ford replacement part.

No, its not from 1964 1/2 - 1946, but its better steel, galvanized, and ready to have a coyote 5.0 put in it. :high5:
Kind of unrelated, but my neighbor has a Model T in her garage.
Her sister messed it up by putting the wrong oil and gas in it, and she's trying to get it running again.
But she said it's only worth $6,000 to $8,000.
I thought they'd be worth more then that.
I don't think it would devalue an original unrestored numbers matching stang too much.
I gotta wonder if GM and Dodge will follow suit by selling Camaro's and Challengers this way.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Chip Wrote:Kind of unrelated, but my neighbor has a Model T in her garage.
Her sister messed it up by putting the wrong oil and gas in it, and she's trying to get it running again.
But she said it's only worth $6,000 to $8,000.
I thought they'd be worth more then that.
they can be. But if theyre in rough shape, they are very expensive to restore
No, these wouldn't count as authentic classic cars! And personally if your already paying 15 grand for just the body to work around why not just buy one to restore so u have the real thing because this car if u ever need to get rid of it it's going to be worthless cause it's a kit car.
You looked at the prices of repro Cobras lately? Those things have always sold well and for big $$$ too.
Hondo Wrote:You looked at the prices of repro Cobras lately? Those things have always sold well and for big $$$ too.

Good point. Very good point. Might be a good investment to buy a couple and hold onto them for awhile. If you have a good space to store them for free, or really cheap anyway.

You wont make a ton, but might be able to double your money at least. Maybe. Still a gamble in my opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Hondo Wrote:You looked at the prices of repro Cobras lately? Those things have always sold well and for big $$$ too.
yea, and other models. I'll keep my original camaro and see how it sells compared to a kit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011 mustang v-6 LeNeve 8 3,565 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Squarehead
  Custom Mustang GT LeNeve 37 11,047 03-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Ford Racing Cobra Jet Mustang gets green light for 2010 Joe 3 2,069 06-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Last Post: negadave