Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-2012 Season
Joe Wrote:Hockey threads are the most boring thing on the internet.

Na, they're one step up from forum wars.
Forum wars are sweet
Joe Wrote:Forum wars are sweet

They will be, as soon as T shows her tits because of them.
Chip Wrote:

I think it is extremely disrespectful that you keep asking to see T's boobs. Don't you agree Tina? You need to show these clowns what you think, by PMing only me a picture. That'll teach em.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I think it is extremely disrespectful that you keep asking to see T's boobs. Don't you agree Tina? You need to show these clowns what you think, by PMing only me a picture. That'll teach em.

If you get them, and don't share them, you'll be branded a traitor to all guys.
Chip Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

If you get them, and don't share them, you'll be branded a traitor to all guys.
Now she's gonna know, and won't send them. :dumbass:
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382065

Conference A
Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver

Conference B
Chicago
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg

Conference C
Boston
Buffalo
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Toronto

Conference D
Carolina
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

The proposed new conferences would be arranged to accommodate both geographic proximity as well as established rivalries.

Anyone else think it's a little weird that the NHL based these conferences based on geography, but then put Toronto, Ottawa and Buffalo in the same conference as Tampa and Florida? While there is an entire conference of teams in between them.
Or maybe there's just some big rivalries that I don't know about.
But, the playoff system is exactly what they should have done.
Chip Wrote:But, the playoff system is exactly what they should have done.

Really? You like the top 4 from each division? Let's see how much you like it when Philly finishes with 95 points in 5th place and Toronto gets in with 82 points in the 4th place slot in their league.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:

Really? You like the top 4 from each division? Let's see how much you like it when Philly finishes with 95 points in 5th place and Toronto gets in with 82 points in the 4th place slot in their league.

I do like it.
I think it'll be rare that there will be that big of a difference.
The majority of the games will be in your conference, so one conference won't be able to rack up all the points, they'll have to split them.
And it ensures that the first 2 rounds of the playoffs will against your conference/division.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I do like it.
I think it'll be rare that there will be that big of a difference.
The majority of the games will be in your conference, so one conference won't be able to rack up all the points, they'll have to split them.
And it ensures that the first 2 rounds of the playoffs will against your conference/division.

Well I don't like it at all. I want to play the Flyers or Capitals in the Eastern Finals, not the first round. I think the new divisions suck and the new playoff format suck and Gary Bettman sucks the most of all. He makes the NHL worse.

I don't understand why he couldn't leave things well enough alone and just move a few teams here and there to make the geographic changes. They could have made everything fine with maybe 4 or 5 moves max. Fuck Bettman, asshole.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
And again Chip, I will wait and see how you feel when the Flyers get left out for a team with less points.

Pete Nice Wrote:And again Chip, I will wait and see how you feel when the Flyers get left out for a team with less points.

Flyers are always going to win that division, so it won't be a big deal... :poke:
You could make the case that a team in the other conference now could make the playoffs with fewer points the way it is now.
Instead of 15 teams having that possibility, it's up to 22 or 23 teams.
Bettman is an ass, and a piece of shit. But he's only doing what the owners want him to do.
We're going to get to go through this all again next year when the Coyotes move to Quebec.
Sure, Philly might get screwed once in a while, but I'm looking forward to this.
I think it'll make it more exciting.
You could end up with a Boston/Philly or Boston/NY Cup final.

I just think it'll get rivals playing eachother in the playoffs more often.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:And again Chip, I will wait and see how you feel when the Flyers get left out for a team with less points.

Flyers are always going to win that division, so it won't be a big deal... :poke:
You could make the case that a team in the other conference now could make the playoffs with fewer points the way it is now.
Instead of 15 teams having that possibility, it's up to 22 or 23 teams.
Bettman is an ass, and a piece of shit. But he's only doing what the owners want him to do.
We're going to get to go through this all again next year when the Coyotes move to Quebec.

There is no way someone could win a division now and have less points than the 8 seed, no way at all. I like the current playoff system, the best teams should be in the playoffs. In fact, I have always said the change they should make is seeding by points not division winners. 1-8 based on points, division winner or not. THAT truly rewards you for doing good. THAT is how it should be. I am telling you, there are going to be teams in the Pens/Flyers division every year with more points than at least one or two teams that make the playoffs. My money is on the Flyers and Rangers being one of them within the first few years.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 Offseason Chip 117 27,557 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Chip
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM