Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Apple, We Can Take This To A Whole New Level
Twitter’s Dorsey To Developers: With Apple, We Can Take This To A Whole New Level

Twitter founder Jack Dorsey just posted a note to third-party Twitter developers, asking for feedback. He writes: We want to know what additional materials you need from us to help you build products, boost distribution and expand your reach.

What’s interesting about the post is that it mentions that “Very soon, anywhere there’s an iPhone or an iPad, you’ll always find Twitter.” He’s referring to Twitter’s deep integration in iOS 5. He writes: With Apple’s upcoming deep integration of Twitter into iOS 5, there is an opportunity for us, together, to take the ecosystem to a new level.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/01/twitter...hCrunch%29
I'm really not going anti-Apple.
But it's only Twitter. I mean, is there a big difference between having a Twitter app on your phone and having "deep integration of Twitter" into your phone?
Is it that big of a game changer?
Or is it just these guys saying their awesome?
I feel like the Dude talking to Walter when they're spreading Donnie's ashes saying "what was that shit about Vietnam, man?"
What was that shit about the ecosystem?
Fuck Apple and fuck Twitter. I have no use for either of them
I think Twitter is short sighted to put all their eggs behind Apple. Apple has 12-15% of the computer market (still largest single computer manufacture) and 30-40% of the handheld market. I don't think Apple is going anywhere, but this seems like a move that could alienate Twitter from Google, Microsoft and others...

Just my thoughts...
If twitter will only be available on apple then I will not have twitter. Don't really use it anyway.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
That's not what they are saying, Green. They are saying that Apple will be firmly integrated with Twitter. So if you make a phone call and want to post about it on Twitter, it will be right there to do so from the phone app instead of having to do all that work to go over to the Twitter app. Seems stupid to me, but I'm not a twitter twit. I use it and enjoy it, but most content is bad enough.

Everybody should remember that their lives are generally not interesting enough for anybody else to care.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:That's not what they are saying, Green. They are saying that Apple will be firmly integrated with Twitter. So if you make a phone call and want to post about it on Twitter, it will be right there to do so from the phone app instead of having to do all that work to go over to the Twitter app. Seems stupid to me, but I'm not a twitter twit. I use it and enjoy it, but most content is bad enough.

Everybody should remember that their lives are generally not interesting enough for anybody else to care.

I'm going to start un-following people if they start sending out a tweet telling me they're on the phone.
I use it for news.
And the occasional joke.
That's it.
I don't want to know that someone made a phone call.
I will like having twitter integrated into my phone, but it wouldn't make or break whether i want the phone or not. i will admit, there have been times when I wish it was easier to tweet shit i find interesting.
I barely use Twitter now. I don't integrating selling me on increasing my use of twitter at all.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This has to be disappointing to Apple Fanboys MattInMinnesota 1 2,267 09-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota