Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are law enforcement cameras an invasion of privacy?
Are law enforcement cameras an invasion of privacy?
depends on the type.

In england they have cctv everywhere, and it has helped cut down on crime and criminal activity. Plus it has helped find and capture numerous criminals.

in relation to traffic enforcement, I think there are more important things to worry about
Brampton Wrote:depends on the type.

In england they have cctv everywhere, and it has helped cut down on crime and criminal activity. Plus it has helped find and capture numerous criminals.

in relation to traffic enforcement, aka tax grabs, I think there are more important things to worry about
fixed
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Brampton Wrote:depends on the type.

in relation to traffic enforcement, I think there are more important things to worry about

Yeah I have to agree with this. Getting a ticket in the mail seems like something you'd expect from a communist country. I don't want to have to drive wondering whether The Man is watching everything I do. It also bohters me that companies are teaming up with law enforcement to provide these cameras for a share of the profits.
Security cameras are great at protecting certain areas, but monitoring traffic with them seems so tedious.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
the only cameras related to traffic that I agree with is the red light cameras. I hate when people run red lights, I've seen too many times people causing harm to others cause they "need" to beat the lights.

I'd love to know how the ticket gets to the correct person. If my friend is driving my car (DD), and he runs a red, how do I know he'll get the ticket and not me?
no poll ?
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick managed to spread his double posts all over the message board.
I'm for them. As long as they're accurate.
I can't tell you how many times I've said "where's a cop when you need one to give that dick head a ticket".
Drive like a normal person and you won't have any problems.
Drive like an ass hole, and enjoy your tickets.
Brampton Wrote:the only cameras related to traffic that I agree with is the red light cameras. I hate when people run red lights, I've seen too many times people causing harm to others cause they "need" to beat the lights.

I'd love to know how the ticket gets to the correct person. If my friend is driving my car (DD), and he runs a red, how do I know he'll get the ticket and not me?
At work (Avis) we get people's red light camera tickets and photo radar tickets all the time. The person who the vehicle is registered to gets the ticket, but no demerits on the anyone's driving record. They can't prove who was driving during the offense.
michaelangelo Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:the only cameras related to traffic that I agree with is the red light cameras. I hate when people run red lights, I've seen too many times people causing harm to others cause they "need" to beat the lights.

At work (Avis) we get people's red light camera tickets and photo radar tickets all the time. The person who the vehicle is registered to gets the ticket, but no demerits on the anyone's driving record. They can't prove who was driving during the offense.

I hope you charge those the customer's credit card... because I can't tell you how many times I've seen rental cars fly through red lights here, or jumped intersections...
NussieT Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:

I hope you charge those the customer's credit card... because I can't tell you how many times I've seen rental cars fly through red lights here, or jumped intersections...
Absolutely, and we add an administration charge.
I don't think it violates your privacy. You are doing something wrong, you deserve to be punished or penalized for your mistakes. Manitoba has portable red light cameras that are placed in random school zones or construction areas. Then there are red light cameras in certain places around the city. They've done traffic studies, they've figured out the intersections that area high risk and found a way to fix them. I don't worry about red light tickets because I don't get them... Jim gets one every two to three years. The day I had Mike Jim's parents got two of them... one after they dropped me off at the hospital and one coming back home after they met Mike in a construction zone that didn't have people working on them. Jim's dad is one of the head people in the Traffic Engineering dept for the government... let's say he produced such a case that they threw out over 1500 cases of speeding in a non working construction zone.
I have no issues with law enforcement cameras. If your not doing anything wrong, what do you have to hide. I just hope it is used for real crime, like robbery, murder, drug sales, rape and assault. I do not think they should be used to bust people pissing in the alley or having sex in public. Red light cameras are fine, I have gotten one of those in NYC. I was following someone and had to go through a yellow. I would like for them to be changed so that you have a few more seconds to get through a legal yellow. I am not a fan of the speed control ones though, those we can do without.

What I do not want to see is them being used for Police cash grabs. Say what you want about safety and all that shit, 90% of all tickets given to drivers are cash grab tickets, especially by small town departments.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

I agree with the concept of catching the red light runners, but if they just mail the ticket out, and not actually do a traffic stop, it would be the vehicle owner getting stuck with the fine. If a friend or relative borrowed your car and you got a fine in the mail because they ran the light, wouldn't you be :flame: ? That's the part that's :bullshit: .

As far as cameras in public areas, I'm for it. If you got nothing to hide, than what's the big deal?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]