Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limitless
We had a coupon for free movie rentals, so we picked up Paul (about an alien that cusses ~ basically drop the swearing and a few others things, make it PG-13 and let the kids watch that one) and Limitless....

Limitless stars Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro. About a guy who gets this pill that helps him increase the amount of brain function he has (it makes him fuckin smart). The story sounded kinda cool.

Did anyone else see it before I bitch about it??
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:We had a coupon for free movie rentals, so we picked up Paul (about an alien that cusses ~ basically drop the swearing and a few others things, make it PG-13 and let the kids watch that one) and Limitless....

Limitless stars Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro. About a guy who gets this pill that helps him increase the amount of brain function he has (it makes him fuckin smart). The story sounded kinda cool.

Did anyone else see it before I bitch about it??

I saw it. It wasn't bad. I like the idea and I like the action, but if your looking for a solid plot and Shakespearean dialogue and story telling, it's not the movie for you.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I saw it. It wasn't bad. I like the idea and I like the action, but if your looking for a solid plot and Shakespearean dialogue and story telling, it's not the movie for you.

I was alright with the story line... Just that scene when he killed the Russian dude ruined the whole movie for me.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I saw it. It wasn't bad. I like the idea and I like the action, but if your looking for a solid plot and Shakespearean dialogue and story telling, it's not the movie for you.

I was alright with the story line... Just that scene when he killed the Russian dude ruined the whole movie for me.
Thanks

sent from high above mount toilet
Brampton Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Thanks

I GUARANTEE that you would have shut it off at that particular scene. NOt so much that he did it, but what happened in that scene was completely fucking stupid.
I HATE PIE!!
what happened with the russian dude? I like spoilers. In fact I enjoy someone describing a movie, better than watching them.
Movie reviews be Beckster are about as credible as movie reviews by Rich.
Brian Wrote:Movie reviews be Beckster are about as credible as movie reviews by Rich.
^this^

You wanna hear it? Fine:

So, the main character borrowed money from this Russian loneshark dude. He meets up with him to beat his ass and get his cash back and finds out about this pill. Later on he and his goons breaks into the main guy's "ultra secure" apartment to get more pills [quite easily, too]. They end up fighting with the main dude, who is amazingly able to fend himself against all 3 guys until they briefly overpower him. The Russian guy shows him how he found out that if he shoots up the pill straight into his bloodstream the "buzz" lasts a lot longer. They end up fighting again and the Russian guy gets stabbed in the gut and hits the floor. Of course, the pill has this side effect that the coming down from it is lethal, so this fucker is lying on the damn floor drinking up the Russian guys blood to regain his "high".

Give me a fucking break.. Really??? Seriously??? Yeah, I hear about crackheads doing the same thing all of the time. :roll: Good Grief!!! I know it's fiction, but that was just too dumb.
I HATE PIE!!