Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transformers 3
Went with Jim and his daughter to see it on Thursday night. I really liked it for the action packed show it was. It's not an in-depth movie, but it doesn't really need to be either. I hear that seeing it in 3D is the way to go, but that gives me migraines and blurred vision for hours afterward, so we saw the 2D version. I still thought it was good in 2D, though.

A few things I didn't like: now, suddenly, they bleed when they are being chopped up and shot up? They didn't really do that in the first 2 movies, so why in the third? There was quite a bit more swearing (which doesn't bother me), but we took his kid since the first 2 didn't really get too graphic. This one isn't really for kids her age unless you are cool with them watching violence and swearing. I, for one enjoyed the violence and swearing, but I was being peppered by questions from his daughter why scenes were funny (she didn't get it)

I need to go hunting for old Transformers cartoons to relive the originals before I say more about it all. ...

Go See Transformers.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
B, I couldn't disagree more. Michael Bay has destroyed the Transformers franchise. Growing up, the transformers were one of my favorite toys and cartoons. I was so pumped for the first movie and after I saw it I didn't think there should be a second because it wasnt that good. The second movie was worse and now the third... ARGH! Worst movie!!! I was so bored I almost walked out. I hated it with a passion. Acting was terrible, script sucked, action was over acted... the only thing that saved the movie was the hot chick and Leonard Nemoy voicing Sentinel Prime.

I love you B, but I had to disagree. If I can save just one person the agony I went through, not to mention $30 for two tickets for 3D. :killme:
JDubb Wrote:B, I couldn't disagree more. Michael Bay has destroyed the Transformers franchise. Growing up, the transformers were one of my favorite toys and cartoons. I was so pumped for the first movie and after I saw it I didn't think there should be a second because it wasnt that good. The second movie was worse and now the third... ARGH! Worst movie!!! I was so bored I almost walked out. I hated it with a passion. Acting was terrible, script sucked, action was over acted... the only thing that saved the movie was the hot chick and Leonard Nemoy voicing Sentinel Prime.

I love you B, but I had to disagree. If I can save just one person the agony I went through, not to mention $30 for two tickets for 3D. :killme:
Just like the 2nd one, Ill wait till I can download it. Im not wasting money on that

sent from a polish train car
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I need to go hunting for old Transformers cartoons to relive the originals before I say more about it all. ...
That's always a bad idea. You will think they suck and it will spoil it for you.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I need to go hunting for old Transformers cartoons to relive the originals before I say more about it all. ...
That's always a bad idea. You will think they suck and it will spoil it for you.

First, I have the entire animated series, and the animated movie. I could get you copies, it just might take a little while though, the series is something like 16 DVD's. It didn't really ruin it for me going back to watch it. After watching the Bay movies, it actually undid the shit that the movies did.
The series was awesome.

And as for 3, if you can totally forget the story lines to the first 2 movies, 3 was pretty good.
I guess they're waiting to see how the Spiderman re-boot does before they decide if they do a Transformers re-boot, or just continue on with this series. Maybe a Unicron/Galvatron movie?

I was really hoping Shockwave and Soundwave were actually going to have big parts in the movie.
Shockwave looked bad ass, but all he ever did was stare people down, cock his gun and shoot.
Yeah, the bleeding and spitting transformers was dumb.
THANK GOD the twins were gone. But Wheelie and Brains just kinda took their place, in a smaller role.
It was only the 2nd movie I've seen in 3D, but I thought the 3D was done really good.
JDubb Wrote:B, I couldn't disagree more. Michael Bay has destroyed the Transformers franchise. Growing up, the transformers were one of my favorite toys and cartoons. I was so pumped for the first movie and after I saw it I didn't think there should be a second because it wasnt that good. The second movie was worse and now the third... ARGH! Worst movie!!! I was so bored I almost walked out. I hated it with a passion. Acting was terrible, script sucked, action was over acted... the only thing that saved the movie was the hot chick and Leonard Nemoy voicing Sentinel Prime.

You're crazy. Even if you didn't like this one, it's a million times better then 2.
Chip Wrote:

You're crazy. Even if you didn't like this one, it's a million times better then 2.

Jdubb watched it from his iPhone and saw what Steve Jobs wanted him to see.