Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 50 Beers In America
Joe Wrote:
Brian Wrote:I believe that people who think an IPA tastes good also think raw oysters and caviar taste good :barf:

Someone needs to explain the oysters and mussels thing to me. When I first tried them I chewed them and then people said you don't chew them you just swallow them. If you don't chew them then you don't taste them. If you don't taste them then what the hell is the point of eating them? I'd rather go to the bar and eat chicken wings.
Makes people feel sophisticated.
I like mussels, I chew them. I like Caviar also. Raw oysters are good, that is the only one I don't chew.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Raw oysters are good, that is the only one I don't chew.

How do you know if they are good if you don't chew them? It just slides down your throat like snot. I'm not a fan of snot.
Joe Wrote:

How do you know if they are good if you don't chew them? It just slides down your throat like snot. I'm not a fan of snot.

You can still taste them.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

You can still taste them.

It's like eating octopus. It's chewy and taste like salt water, but people call it a delicacy.
Joe Wrote:IBG Doesn't drink beer often, but when he does he prefers it to be as close to urine as possible.
We have alchohol in our beer.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:
Joe Wrote:IBG Doesn't drink beer often, but when he does he prefers it to be as close to urine as possible.

What dat mean?
Joe Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

What dat mean?
Canadians require a higher alcohol content in their beer to help them cope with the fact that they live in Canada.
Pete Nice Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brian Wrote:They should rename this list to the Top 50 pale ales in America.

Yeah, why does everyone swing from Pale Ales nuts?
Cause dark beer sucks.

Confusedlap:

Guiness is like desert in a glass, delicious.
:whomo: Good stuff.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Brian Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

What dat mean?
Canadians require a higher alcohol content in their beer to help them cope with the fact that they live in Canada.
IBG is right. Most beer in Canada is around a % or 2 higher than the same kinds sold here in the US. I always bring back a case anytime I leave Canada.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Brian Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

What dat mean?

:roflmao:

A lot of my beer is 8-12% ABV. Better taste usually means lower alcohol though.
Joe Wrote:

:whomo: :barf:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
It took me a while to get to like IPA's, but I'm a fan now.

#2 on the list, I was drinking some at work a week or 2 ago.
A lot of those beers require a fairly experienced pallet to appreciate.

You could say I'm a beer snob that has enjoyed most of those beers on the list at some point or another.

Brown Ales, Porters, and Stouts were very underrepresented on that list. There are plenty of great beers in those styles but they tend to be less popular, thus not voted for on this list. I do like hoppy beers better, but like to try new things to switch it up. The great thing about the craft beer explosion is the variety of new things to try.

I thought the "Thank You Notes" that Jimmy Fallon did was hilarious: "Thank you, microbreweries, for making my alcoholism seem like a neat hobby."

I will never understand the popularity of the big macro brews (bud, miller, coors, etc). They don't really even taste like beer is supposed to taste like, I feel like they should be in a beverage class of their own. Those beers are based on the german lager style and I challenge any macrobrew drinkers to try an authentic german-style lager - the difference between bud/miller/coors and real beer is like the difference between Sunny D and fresh squeezed OJ.
i bleed green Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brian Wrote:They should rename this list to the Top 50 pale ales in America.

Yeah, why does everyone swing from Pale Ales nuts?
Cause dark beer sucks.
I don't mind dark beers, I don't enjoy guineas though.

Noble pils is decent, but I wont drink a case of it.

I don't drink IPAs cause Keiths IPA gives me headaches, so I wont drink other ones

sent from a polish train car

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New beers LeNeve 4 2,982 11-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Chip
  "Summer Beers" Pokes28 15 5,558 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Joe
  JG - Winter Beers Pack some cheer Pokes28 1 1,174 12-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Pokes28