Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got a Friend in Need, ya re-TARDS!
The deal is that I use the term "retard" a lot. I also say "That's just gay" a lot, too. Normally, I don't censor myself all that much. I do watch my mouth around kids and people where I need to be more respectful. It's only right and all to do so.

My problem stems from the fact that I found out my supervisor has a mentally challenged child. I am thinking that it might be a poor idea to use the "retard" word in her presence out of respect and all.

So, I need a substitute a word that's more creative (and fun) to use than saying "that's just dumb". Got any ideas??
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
didn't covino want to push- "quacktastic" ? although I don't blame anyone for never using it.

I actually try to avoid both "gay" and "retarded" as I have gay friends and come from a psych background but I normally end up saying something like-asinine for intangibles or clown/joker when referring to a person.
Rydrum Wrote:didn't covino want to push- "quacktastic" ? although I don't blame anyone for never using it.

I actually try to avoid both "gay" and "retarded" as I have gay friends and come from a psych background but I normally end up saying something like-asinine for intangibles or clown/joker when referring to a person.

quacktastic is kinda dumb... I won't use it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
I avoid gay and retard also, not worth the hassle if you piss some politically correct asshole off.

How about "Rinja"?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
We just did a deck for a lady with a slow kid. The boss warned us goin in to watch what we say and not use the word retard.

I would problly just say dumbass instead. My old boss used to call you a bannana if you did something dumb. Don't make much sense, but whatever.
We just did a deck for a lady with a slow kid. The boss warned us goin in to watch what we say and not use the word retard.

I would problly just say dumbass instead. My old boss used to call you a bannana if you did something dumb. Don't make much sense, but whatever.
We had a technician once who was slow.... they called him cabbage (because he was a vegetable)... that's the best I got...
We call them Republicans
Yeah, just pick a new word.
But you'll have to use it all the time instead of retard.
If you only use it at work, but still say retard all the time, it'll slip.

Isn't it funny how retard used to be the politically correct term, now it's the farthest from it?
Chip Wrote:Isn't it funny how retard used to be the politically correct term, now it's the farthest from it?

I have a friend who works with developmentally disabled adults and he says the correct clinical term for them is retarded, but people are so sensitive these days you can't even use the term :crank:

Wait did this "friend in need" just turn into a P.O.A.? :roflmao:
Mauro Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Isn't it funny how retard used to be the politically correct term, now it's the farthest from it?

I have a friend who works with developmentally disabled adults and he says the correct clinical term for them is retarded, but people are so sensitive these days you can't even use the term :crank:

Wait did this "friend in need" just turn into a P.O.A.? :roflmao:

Yeah, if they come up with a new word, soon, it will get into people normal vocabulary as an insult, then soon after that, it too will be politically incorrect.
And the whole cycle will start over.
That's just ___________ = Rynja? Cabbage?

Um... No
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:That's just ___________ = Rynja? Cabbage?

Um... No

"That's just LeNeve"....?
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:That's just ___________ = Rynja? Cabbage?

Um... No

"That's just LeNeve"....?

Hmmm... Now, that just might work.......
I HATE PIE!!
I might go with "bunk". I use that often, too. Hopefully, I don't offend any assclowns who have bunk beds.. lol
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friend in need. Cold feet Proposal. Lack of sex. HOSS HUEVOS 23 8,266 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Hondo
  Buckles on your shoes/friend in need negadave 18 5,776 05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friend in need. Cold feet Proposal. Lack of sex. 0 627 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: