Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital8 to DVD
I have been trying for about 4 weekends now to transfer my old digital8 tapes to DVD but I can't get the same quality from the tapes to the DVD. I have a Sony DCR-TRV 330 with the 4 pin iLink cable and I can plug that directly to one of my old computers that's runs Windows XP. I have downloaded numerous video capturing programs and because I had breaks in the video recording from stopping recording and restarting later it would only capture the first section of the tape. I finally found WinDv which captured the whole tape but the video is sped up for some reason, its like watching the video with fast forward at 2x. Any suggestions dude bros?
dirtyrob Wrote:I have been trying for about 4 weekends now to transfer my old digital8 tapes to DVD but I can't get the same quality from the tapes to the DVD. I have a Sony DCR-TRV 330 with the 4 pin iLink cable and I can plug that directly to one of my old computers that's runs Windows XP. I have downloaded numerous video capturing programs and because I had breaks in the video recording from stopping recording and restarting later it would only capture the first section of the tape. I finally found WinDv which captured the whole tape but the video is sped up for some reason, its like watching the video with fast forward at 2x. Any suggestions dude bros?

shortest answer. bring it to a place that does that and dish out the hondo or whatever it is.
I used to skateboard alot back in the day and got alot of 8mm footage of me and my buds. my 8mm went down, and now i have no idea how to see my tapes ever again
I used to do this when we used 8mm for work, get a diamond one touch DVD creator VC600, should be able to get on for about $50.

Then you need to still have the 8mm videocamera with aux output slots to attach it to the PC, then it transfers the file to the PC as a video file that can be watched on the PC or burnt onto a DVD.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Spot would probably have a good answer for this.