Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Healthcare
ap bikini team Wrote:I don't want to turn into Wes from ID and start bringing up dead threads, but I thought this was hilarious. If Canadian healthcare is so good, why has the prime minister of New Foundland, mark the 2nd Canadian politician this year to come to the US for surgery, if their universal care is so great? Is it because what they came here for is too expensive to be cost effective, and thus not available in Canada?

That's because Danny Williams the Premier of Newfoundland (one word) is a multi millionaire and can afford to bypass the wait times for surgery that we have with our system by just paying for it in the states. I guess it's just national preference Paul. One the one hand you have to look at the fact that yes "you" maybe healthy and maybe "you" the individual can afford healthcare you're sitting pretty but what of your country as a whole? Yes there is more freedom by choosing you insurance providers instead of a blanketed "state" run healthcare but at least the whole "state" has healthcare, leading to a healthier population. But it is far from perfect i.e. wait times. As an individual stand point the US system is better if you get good coverage but in our system the "collective whole" is covered.

I hope that made sense cause I totally lost interest half way though that and got distracted.

FYI Premier, not Prime Minister of Newfoundland
Prime minister is to President as Premier is to Govenor.

:boobs:
My name is Taco. Don Taco.
[Image: Oilergirl2.jpg][Image: OilersCheerleaders2.jpg]