Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Healthcare
So lately in the news we've been hearing Republicans talk about how messed up Canadian healthcare really as a way to let the Americans know that Obama's plan is going to fail. I'm curious to hear what the Canadians really think about their healthcare. What's so bad about it?
A few are:costs a shit load of money.Long waiting lists for surgery.Shortage of hospital beds.
Its good to have though and alot of the problem would be helped if people used some fucking common sense and didnt go to the ER for every little scratch.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:A few are:costs a shit load of money.Long waiting lists for surgery.Shortage of hospital beds.
Its good to have though and alot of the problem would be helped if people used some fucking common sense and didnt go to the ER for every little scratch.

Here Here.

I go to the ER with a broken leg, and wait 8 hrs for a xray, why, because there are 30 indian families there cause they have kids with the sniffles. Wtf

Our system isn't perfect, but we do have a system that is fair to everyone, even if they don't deserve care. By that I mean people who dont contribute to our country!
i bleed green Wrote:A few are:costs a shit load of money.Long waiting lists for surgery.Shortage of hospital beds.

I thought it was free. Long waiting lists for surgery is bullshit though.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:

I thought it was free. Long waiting lists for surgery is bullshit though.

What I meant was that it costs billions of tax dollars every year.I assume there probably are certain procedures that have to be paid out of pocket but for the most part it is free at the hospital.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
brampton Wrote:Our system isn't perfect, but we do have a system that is fair to everyone, even if they don't deserve care. By that I mean people who dont contribute to our country!

I agree.If certain members of our society think they have the right to not pay taxes n stuff because of some outdated document that was signed 150 years ago then fine.But they should not be eligible for any social services like health care or free education or services like police and fire support.
Healthcare in itself is the biggest scam in the world. They charge ridiculous amounts of money and the insurance companies are in on it. Healthcare is the most profitable business to be in, and it is just that, a business. They don't care about the people, they are ll just fat hogs trying to line their pockets at the expense of sick and usually poor people.

In Russia, doctors make the equivelant of about $40,000 a year. It is a middle class job. Granted their healthcare is not nearly as good as ours, but it is also not grossly overinflated in cost.

The fast that I have to pay over $80 a month for healthcare AND THEN pay a $1000 deductible BEFORE I see a single cent of benefits, is RE-FUCKING-DICULOUS!!!! It is easier for me to just not have the health care and pay for my once every 2 year doctor visit. But if an emergency happens, and I have to go to the hospital, then I might be fucked over wtih $500k in hospital bills. So basically I am paying them, so that they do not destroy my life IF I happen to get seriously hurt, but if I do not get seriously hurt, I am just lining their pockets with more and more money. Not to mention that healthcare is jacked up like 1000% over the actual cost of care.

OK I am done. :rant: I hate healthcare. :riot: :riot: :riot:

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
i bleed green Wrote:
brampton Wrote:Our system isn't perfect, but we do have a system that is fair to everyone, even if they don't deserve care. By that I mean people who dont contribute to our country!

I agree.If certain members of our society think they have the right to not pay taxes n stuff because of some outdated document that was signed 150 years ago then fine.But they should not be eligible for any social services like health care or free education or services like police and fire support.

I guess your a Sasky boy so I'm sure you've seen some of the vagrants sponging off the system.
You go to the ER here for some help and you just see hundreds of people who haven't paid their taxes ever, and they get pissy about the slow service and long wait times.

HEY FUCKFACE, PAY SOME TAXES, AND YOU'LL SEE MORE DOCTORS! :rant: I'm done
I went to get a prescription refill the other day and it was the first time I've gone to a pharmacy without having insurance. For a 90 day presciption it cost $411.62. Luckily I don't need the presciption to survive.
Joe In PA Wrote:I went to get a prescription refill the other day and it was the first time I've gone to a pharmacy without having insurance. For a 90 day presciption it cost $411.62. Luckily I don't need the presciption to survive.

:eek:

Herpes medicine costs that much?

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:I went to get a prescription refill the other day and it was the first time I've gone to a pharmacy without having insurance. For a 90 day presciption it cost $411.62. Luckily I don't need the presciption to survive.

:eek:

Herpes medicine costs that much?
I left the door open on that one. No, it was for Adderall XR.
Another fucked up story about healthcare was when I had to have my appendix removed like a year and a half ago. I figured it would cost me the $35 copay for emergency room visits. It wound up costing me like $1000 out of pocket and about $10,000 was charged to my insurance.
I'm no doctor, but I know that removing an appendix is not $10,000 worth of work. I can remove and replace an entire fucking engine in a car for half that and that takes about 8 hours to do.
On a side note, I actually have a job interview today with Highmark. (A health insurance company)
Joe In PA Wrote:Another fucked up story about healthcare was when I had to have my appendix removed like a year and a half ago. I figured it would cost me the $35 copay for emergency room visits. It wound up costing me like $1000 out of pocket and about $10,000 was charged to my insurance.
I'm no doctor, but I know that removing an appendix is not $10,000 worth of work. I can remove and replace an entire fucking engine in a car for half that and that takes about 8 hours to do.

Why did you have to pay the $1000? That is ridiculous! Healthcare is SUCH A SCAM!!! There is no way a simple procedure like have an appendix removed is worth $11,000.

When I broke my ankle in 2004, I only had to pay the $50 ER co pay.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:Another fucked up story about healthcare was when I had to have my appendix removed like a year and a half ago. I figured it would cost me the $35 copay for emergency room visits. It wound up costing me like $1000 out of pocket and about $10,000 was charged to my insurance.

Why did you have to pay the $1000? That is ridiculous! Healthcare is SUCH A SCAM!!! There is no way a simple procedure like have an appendix removed is worth $11,000.

When I broke my ankle in 2004, I only had to pay the $50 ER co pay.
I have no idea. Apparently in the fine print there were things that weren't covered. It wasn't like I had shitty coverage either.