Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Offseason
Chip Wrote:July and August suck.
The biggest news out there is this, the new logo.
If they really wanted to call them the Jets, they would have done it a whole lot sooner. And had it ready for the draft.
Because it took so long, you know they looked at every other option first.

And I still say they should have gone with the Moose.

[Image: 6a01157061294d970b0153901c8cfd970b-pi]
their new logo looks like a beer label
[Image: 800_cp_winnipeg_jets_new_logo_110722.jpg]

i guess the home is the Jets, and the away is Jets light
:?

What a bunch of dick heads.

[youtube]Zb339mBgAc8[/youtube]
Kris Draper is retiring.... I am very bummed by this Confusedad:

I guess he and Babcock didn't see eye to eye very often (which helped him decide), but Babcock is some sort of power tripping beast from what I've heard.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Kris Draper is retiring.... I am very bummed by this Confusedad:

I guess he and Babcock didn't see eye to eye very often (which helped him decide), but Babcock is some sort of power tripping beast from what I've heard.
.........who wins.

sent from a spaceship
Brampton Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Kris Draper is retiring.... I am very bummed by this Confusedad:

.........who wins.

sent from a spaceship

I heard a couple Draper interviews on the way in to work this morning.
He was great, he'd help any team win.
But I think money was an issue too.
Alex Kovalev appears to be heading back to Russia, as sports website Sports Express reports that the veteran winger is set to sign a two-year contract with Atlant Mytishchi of the Kontinental Hockey League.

The 38-year-old is a 17-year NHL veteran who played for the New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators.

Kovalev was a Seond Team All-Star with the Canadiens and was also a three-time All-Star Game selection. He had a career-best 95 points (44 goals, 51 assists) in 2000-01. Overall, he has 428 goals and 596 assists for 1,024 points in 1,302 career games.

He had 16 goals and 18 assists in 54 games with the Senators and Penguins this past season.

The Senators shipped Kovalev to the Penguins at the trade deadline for a conditional seventh-round pick.

Earlier in the season Kovalev went public with his general unhappiness in Ottawa and openly complained about his role under head coach Cory Clouston who demoted Kovalev to the fourth line for a period of time.

An Olympic gold medalist with Russia in 1992, Kovalev was alsom a member of the Stanley Cup-winning Rangers in 1994.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Reports are Zherdev is going to sign with Atlant Moscow Oblast.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Gretzky said Kovalev has the greatest skill of anyone he's ever seen.

He just never wanted to do anything with it.
Chip Wrote:Gretzky said Kovalev has the greatest skill of anyone he's ever seen.

He just never wanted to do anything with it.

I could agree with that. I would have liked to see him come back to the Pens and skate with Sid for a full season, I bet he would have put up 30/60 easy. He is lazy though, as many Euros and especially Russians, tend to be.

I just heard Tampa Bay is bringing in a pipe organ in their arena. :clap:
And they're adding tesla coils to create 25' bolts of lightning in the arena. :rock:
Chip Wrote:I just heard Tampa Bay is bringing in a pipe organ in their arena. :clap:
And they're adding tesla coils to create 25' bolts of lightning in the arena. :rock:

my hockey team was called summit county lightning, and we had rip off lightning jerseys.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.summithockey.pointstreaksites.com/view/summithockey/home-page">http://www.summithockey.pointstreaksite ... /home-page</a><!-- m -->

[Image: sidePanel.jpg]
Next year, when Lidstrom retires, I wonder what the Wings will do with that cap room?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/elliottef...weber.html
Craziest goalie since Tuukka Rask.

[youtube]4_Mzsrg749g[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:Craziest goalie since Tuukka Rask.

[youtube]4_Mzsrg749g[/youtube]
Boston Tuukka risk by substituting Tuukka Rask, but Tuukka Rask tuukka a fit and then he tuukka seat on the bench.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 Offseason Chip 117 27,557 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Chip
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM