Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Offseason
Pete Nice Wrote:He is not signing, he, like all normal people, hates the color orange. It is not a good color for taking walks in the park.

Is there a park in the middle of Moscow?

He was reluctant to talk about the contract developments at the time. For the subsequent interview a few days later, Ilya Bryzgalov asked to meet him in the center of Moscow. He was wearing an orange Flyers hat. A clue?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_da...um=twitter
I am pretty sure everything in that article is made up.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I am pretty sure everything in that article is made up.

You really think so?
Another story with it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequ...galov.html
They got rid of Richards??
Joe Wrote:They got rid of Richards??

Yep.

I'm feeling a little better about this stuff today.
They got rid of Carter and Richards
And got Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek and the 8th over all.
All I knew about Schenn was that he is a top prospect.
Simmonds is a gritty player.
Voracek is an under achieving young player.

Turns out, most things I've heard of Schenn, he's compared most to Richards, so there's hope he turns out similar.
Simmonds will fit in good.
Turns out in Voracek's first 3 years, he had 2 more points then Cater in his first 3 years. Maybe he hasn't under achieved so much.
And it's really rare Philly gets a pick that high, I wonder what they'll do with it?
Trade it with Versteeg to move up?
Then sign Brad Richards with all this cap space they have now?
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:They got rid of Richards??

Yep.

I'm feeling a little better about this stuff today.
They got rid of Carter and Richards
And got Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek and the 8th over all.
All I knew about Schenn was that he is a top prospect.
Simmonds is a gritty player.
Voracek is an under achieving young player.

Turns out, most things I've heard of Schenn, he's compared most to Richards, so there's hope he turns out similar.
Simmonds will fit in good.
Turns out in Voracek's first 3 years, he had 2 more points then Cater in his first 3 years. Maybe he hasn't under achieved so much.
And it's really rare Philly gets a pick that high, I wonder what they'll do with it?
Trade it with Versteeg to move up?
Then sign Brad Richards with all this cap space they have now?

Spin it all you want, they got worse in the now. IT would be like the Pens trading Crosby and Malkin for that same package. If two of those guys don't turn out to be two of the best players in the league ASAP, it was a fail. Richards and Cater were two of the best players in the league, still are, I am glad I can finally route for Carter in Columbus now. I bet Carter has some hard feelings too, he will say he doesn't, but I bet he does.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:Spin it all you want, they got worse in the now. IT would be like the Pens trading Crosby and Malkin for that same package. If two of those guys don't turn out to be two of the best players in the league ASAP, it was a fail. Richards and Cater were two of the best players in the league, still are, I am glad I can finally route for Carter in Columbus now. I bet Carter has some hard feelings too, he will say he doesn't, but I bet he does.

Carter was told he wouldn't be traded, even though his NTC doesn't kick in until next year. I think he's pissed.

I get what you're saying, but Crosby/Malkin mean a lot more to the Pens then Carter Richards meant to the Flyers.
With the Carter trade, you have to include the cap room Philly got in return too.
The got a really high pick, a pretty good young player, and enough cap room to sign Bryzgalov.
That makes Philly better now.
The Richards trade still confuses me.
They got a good young player and a great prospect, but why?
It makes me think the locker room rumors were true.
That makes Philly worse now.

I get the Carter trade, and if the Flyers were "rebuilding" the Richards trade would be understandable.
I'm not trying to sping it, I just don't understand it and am trying to look on the bright side.

Maybe they aren't done. Maybe they make a move for Brad Richards or Webber...
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Spin it all you want, they got worse in the now. IT would be like the Pens trading Crosby and Malkin for that same package. If two of those guys don't turn out to be two of the best players in the league ASAP, it was a fail. Richards and Cater were two of the best players in the league, still are, I am glad I can finally route for Carter in Columbus now. I bet Carter has some hard feelings too, he will say he doesn't, but I bet he does.

Carter was told he wouldn't be traded, even though his NTC doesn't kick in until next year. I think he's pissed.

I get what you're saying, but Crosby/Malkin mean a lot more to the Pens then Carter Richards meant to the Flyers.
With the Carter trade, you have to include the cap room Philly got in return too.
The got a really high pick, a pretty good young player, and enough cap room to sign Bryzgalov.

I get the Carter trade, and if the Flyers were "rebuilding" the Richards trade would be understandable.
I'm not trying to sping it, I just don't understand it and am trying to look on the bright side.

If they just would have made the Carter trade, they would have gotten better.

Carter will be loved in Columbus, I bet he retires there as long as his game does not completely fall apart.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

If they just would have made the Carter trade, they would have gotten better.

Carter will be loved in Columbus, I bet he retires there as long as his game does not completely fall apart and the team stays there for the length of his career.

I can agree with that.
The Richards deal really confuses me.
And I fixed your Carter comment.
Maybe he'll help turn things around there.
Him and Nash on a line will be sweet.
Philly isn't bringing Carcillo back. :happy:
And Powe is gone.
A couple million closer to Richards? Webber?
Chip Wrote:Philly isn't bringing Carcillo back. :happy:
And Powe is gone.
Weber isn't leaving nashville

sent from a polish train car
Pete Nice Wrote:If they just would have made the Carter trade, they would have gotten better.

Carter will be loved in Columbus, I bet he retires there as long as his game does not completely fall apart.
Did he take a hometown discount to play for Philly? I would be pissed if I signed for less there, and then had to play in Columbus.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Philly isn't bringing Carcillo back. :happy:
And Powe is gone.
Weber isn't leaving nashville

sent from a polish train car

I think there's at least a decent shot.
i bleed green Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:If they just would have made the Carter trade, they would have gotten better.

Did he take a hometown discount to play for Philly? I would be pissed if I signed for less there, and then had to play in Columbus.

His new contract is 11 years, I think he's making 6 or 7 million a year for most of it. Just over a 5 million cap hit.
His no trade clause kicks in next year I think, and his side of the story is that he was promised he wouldn't be traded. Yeah, he's pissed.
The Columbus coach, GM and Nash took the owners private jet to Philly to talk to him.

And I still guarantee there was something more to those trades then Bryzgalov.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 Offseason Chip 117 27,557 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM