Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Road Vineyard
I finally found a wine that I enjoyed drinking. I've never in my life enjoyed a full glass of wine until I found this one on Tuesday and I had the whole bottle.

From the Red Road Vineyard in Naples, Texas.

The Fion - A dry Muscat white wine with floral, grapey, lemony flavors & refreshing acidity. Goes really well with fresh seafood, salads, dishes flavored with citrus, or as just a great afternoon refreshment.

I enjoy this one however some of the other guys that were drinking that night said that it tastes like perfume to them. I don't taste that at all.

Then at the end of the night I had a port called Gabrielle that is very smooth. Though I don't know if it was smooth because I had drunk a whole bottle of wine before it.

This winery is really neat. The building is an old ice house building. The walls are all at least 2 feet thick and most are thicker. There is at least a foot of cork in every wall. The floor is a foot of cork with concrete poured over it. This is in a dry county in Texas. The closest place you can buy any alcohol is 30 miles away. However Texas law is very pro-winery. As long as 70% of the materials for wine are grown in Texas, a winery can sell wine and allow tastings in any county in the state (even dry counties). So you go in, they only sell wine by the bottle. You can take it and drink it at home or you can drink it there. There are a couple wine fridges that you can store your wine between glasses. Basically this place makes a TON of money.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Wine from Texas........
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Why not? They can grow grapes... Doesn't sound any goofier than wine from Pennsylvania.
I think I was trying to make a Cowboys joke...

I would try it. I will try anything not labelled "Yellowtail"

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Sorry, couldn't follow your joke. Sometimes written communications like this makes it hard to catch stuff.
Pokes28 Wrote:Sorry, couldn't follow your joke. Sometimes written communications like this makes it hard to catch stuff.

I have to give it to you though Pokes, you are the only Cowboys fan I know who is cool about being a cowboys fan and not a complete and total asshole about it. And for some reason I know a lot of Cowboy fans.

Pokes28 Wrote:Sorry, couldn't follow your joke. Sometimes written communications like this makes it hard to catch stuff.

Pennsylvania Merlot is no joke. Listen to the experts.