Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Players
OK, here is what I was thinking. Name your 10 favorite CURRENT players, NHL or KHL, who are NOT on your favorite team, give a description why if you can.

Here are mine, in no order.

1. Ryan Miller - I love a good goalie and this guy is amazing. He was a beast for the US in the Olympics and was an awesome regular guest on the Stretch show for about 4 months.

2. Theo Fleury - Always liked him, would love to see him in a Pens uniform, no matter his age. I met him once when I worked at Mellon Arena and hung for about 15 minutes, great guy.

3. Claude Giroux - The first time I ever saw this guy play I loved his style. I wish he played for ANY other team than the Flyers.

4. Jaromir Jagr - (KHL) Kind of a gimme. What he did for the Pens made the franchise almost as much as Lemieux and Crosby did.

5. Ziggy Pallfy - (KHL) I love his name. He played for hte Pens for about 4 months, got hurt and retired, took a year or two off and is a superstar in the KHL again.

6. Henrik Lundqvist - I honestly think this guy is the best goalie in the world. That is just my opinion, not the start of an argument.

7. Iila Bryzgalov - Another top notch keeper, this guy would have a cup on a better team.

8. Rick Nash - Amazing player stuck in a market no one cares about.

9. Iilya Kovalchuck - I know he came across as an asshole this summer, but I have always been a fan.

10. Rob Scuderi - I always loved the way this guy played defense and might have been the most important cog in the Pens winning their last cup.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
:whomo:
Khl? ??????? Who gives a shit about the Khl????

Sent from my motorola atrix
Miller is cool, his whole family/Michigan State story is pretty cool.

Emery, as much as I hated him when he was in Ottawa, he really straightened out when he was banished to Russia. Now coming back from the surger that ended Boe Jackson's career, is amazing.

Joe Thorton, I've always thought he got the shaft with the media and the "You can't win with Joe" crap. They said the same stuff about Yzerman until '97 too. Good job Boston for driving away one of the top players in the game.

Webber, he's a beat and is being waisted in Nashville. Should be an annual Norris candidate.

Kane. This one stings. Shoulda been a Flyer. He's just a goof. And I hate cab drivers too.

Tim Thomas, might be the best story in hockey. Taking the starting job back this year, setting an all time record for save percentage.

Captian Clutch, Drury, he might be about done now, but damn he could step it up when he needed to.

Iginla, he is just awesome.

I know I'm leaving a bunch off the list, but it's early, and that's what I've got so far.
Rick Nash.....he's from Brampton, he's a great player, committed to his shitty team out of loyalty.

Staal Brothers.....come from a great family, team players, don't play dirty

Dustin Byfuglin.....good player, does the hard stuff that his teammates wont do, and stuck it to the Hawks by playing his ass off this year

Ilya Kovalchuk.....incredible snap shot, has finally developed into a team player, best finish in the league

Alex Ovechkin.....everything about him....especially this year cause the selfish play seems to have vanished from his game

Raffi Torres....always been a tough grinder, willing to do what he needs to for his team, and he knocked Jason Spezza the fuck out at Turner Fenton High School for making fun of a mentally challenged kid while playing for the Battallion

Mike Cammalleri.....proof positive that you shouldn't overlook the little guy. Cause your season can end early

Todd Bertuzzi......He's always been a team player, always defends his teammates (although some decisions have been stupid), and can score points with the best of em

Niklaus Lidstrom.....classy, classy, classy, classy, classy

Tim Thomas.....entertainment in a crease, great moustache, hard worker and quiet
In no particular order.

Sidney Crosby: He might have been a bit of a complainer and diver early on, but JHC he was an 18 year old in the NHL. He is the best in the world, and the only reason people don't like him is because he is better than anyone you have.

Mike Modana always great to watch. Haven't seen him in a couple years.

Matthias Ohlund -long time former Canuck bias. This guy has been one of the most underrated defensive defensemen in the league for the better part of a decade.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Brampton Wrote:Khl? ??????? Who gives a shit about the Khl????

People who realize there is hockey outside of Canada.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:

and the US

I forgot, youre the russian ambassador for lame sports leagues
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

and the US

KHL - has-beens who can't hack it in the NHL, but still want to make a buck.
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

and the US

KHL - has-beens who can't hack it in the NHL, but still want to make a buck.

I just read yesterday that Vokoun is most likely headed to the KHL. He is, INMHO, one of the top 10 keepers in the league right now.

Jagr would still score 30 goals and 75 points on any team in the league right now.

Palffy also would still put up 20/60 on any team.

Nabokov got a bad rap, he should still be starting in the NHL, he would make Philly a stronger threat to the cup.

Alexei Morozov is their MVP, he would put up 20/50 in the NHL right now.

Yes they get some has beens, but they have some good players also.

:yawn: :cya:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The NHL's All-Time Dirtiest Players Joe 8 3,499 04-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Protect Hockey Players the Euro Way Pete Nice 39 10,979 01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Chip