Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Playoffs.
I didn't see, read or hear anything about Chara.

Downie, funny thing is, if he had stayed on his feet, it would have been just like the Torres hit.
That's going to be another hit that has been fine for decades, a 'keep your head up' hit that they'll go and make a new rule for this year.

[youtube]yKM9s230HiE[/youtube]

Kunitz, holy shit, what was he thinking? Most of the time these are body checks gone bad. That was just stupid.

[youtube]Bp92x9Keoww[/youtube]

As dumb as Campbell is, days like this I feel bad for him.
If he's still making these calls next year, he won't be doing it alone. Hopefully.
Phone hearings for Kunitz and Downie.
That means less then 5 games each.
The NHL is a fucking joke.
If they don't already, they should just draw numbers out of a hat to figure this out.

Maybe Lemieux should write another letter threatening to leave the NHL again.
TheFourthPeriod David Pagnotta
Wow! RT @ericfrancis NBC/Versus gets NHL rights for an NHL-record $200M a year (Versus currently pays just under $80 mil). ESPN shut out
Good read.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_da...nhl-wp2944
One game each for Kunitz and Downie.

Holy shit Campbell is an idiot.
Kunitz should have gotten 2 b/c he is a first time offender, what he did was just dumb. What you do not see in a few youtube clips is the 3 elbows Kubina threw to the heads of Penguin players on the boards that went unpenalized. Somehow the NHL didn't even look at those?

Downie is a repeat offender. He should have gotten AT LEAST 10 games and it should have rolled into next year if they don't last that long in the playoffs. How can you suspend Cooke for as long as they did and not do the same to Downie. I am not defending Cooke, he got what he deserved, but why be light on Downie, he has been penalized and suspended as much as Cooke and he got 1 game? Cooke and Downie are both dirty but I consider Downie worse. Cooke goes high on people and makes dumb hits but he has never gone after a knee. Downie goes high and tries to hurt people but also knee hunts. He has gone after Crosby and Malkin's knees every game they play. Cuncussions are terrible but a knee will end a career just as fast.

btw Lovejoy's head was up when he got hit, not down.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
[youtube]SHeh3tyUL10[/youtube]

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
For some reason, I do not feel bad that this happened to Downie.

[youtube]_uXIc4EP4hw[/youtube]

I don't know that I can say one is worse then the other, Kunitz or Downie.
If you're going to hit someone that hard, you can not leave your feet..
And he's only been suspended once, and that was before he ever played a regular season game.
Cooke pulled his shit a week after he got a warning.
And Kunitz, did he just go full retard? What the hell was that?

You shouldn't feel bad about that because that was more Downie's fault then Laraque's. And then he sold the shit out of it to the refs, like Crosby did in your other video.
I had hopes Downie would straighten out until that shit.

I was really expecting at least 5 each.
The NHL really needs to get their shit together, starting with Campbell.
But with that Downie/Torres type hit, there were people calling for that hit to be taken out a few years ago.
Chip Wrote:I don't know that I can say one is worse then the other, Kunitz or Downie.
If you're going to hit someone that hard, you can not leave your feet..
And he's only been suspended once, and that was before he ever played a regular season game.
Cooke pulled his shit a week after he got a warning.
And Kunitz, did he just go full retard? What the hell was that?

You shouldn't feel bad about that because that was more Downie's fault then Laraque's. And then he sold the shit out of it to the refs, like Crosby did in your other video.
I had hopes Downie would straighten out until that shit.

I was really expecting at least 5 each.
The NHL really needs to get their shit together, starting with Campbell.
But with that Downie/Torres type hit, there were people calling for that hit to be taken out a few years ago.

The Kunitz hit was worse, but Downie is a repeat offender. Kunitz was frustrated b/c one of those three Kubina elbows to the head, was to his head. It was retaliation, but very dumb. Now all three of the Pens top goal scorers will be out for game 4.

Are you really backhandedly saying Crosby dove on that play? COMMON MAN!!!! Did you see what happened to his leg/knee? You need to once in a while give Crosby a little respect.

And once again I am arguing the constant attacks on Crosby........

This is why I left the regular season thread.

you guys care way too much about this
Pete Nice Wrote:The Kunitz hit was worse, but Downie is a repeat offender. Kunitz was frustrated b/c one of those three Kubina elbows to the head, was to his head. It was retaliation, but very dumb. Now all three of the Pens top goal scorers will be out for game 4.

Are you really backhandedly saying Crosby dove on that play? COMMON MAN!!!! Did you see what happened to his leg/knee? You need to once in a while give Crosby a little respect.

For the suspensions, all I'm saying is they should have been worse.
I think Downie could have caused more damage, but Kunitz was just dumb and pointless.

And no, I'm not.
What I did say, is that after it happened, he sold it.
Downie did that, and I was glad to see him go.
Carcillo does it, and I will be glad to see him go.

Crosby is the best player in the world, I don't think I've ever said otherwise.
At least not since it was actually debatable.
Even the bad things I've said about him, I've said he hasn't done in years.
Why can't I simply not like him?
It's just a sport, it's nothing that serious.
I don't want him dead.
I don't want him out of the league.
I just want to see him lose.
Rivalries make sports fun.
Brampton Wrote:you guys care way too much about this

Maybe you don't care enough.
Brampton Wrote:you guys care way too much about this

ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty.

aka buzz killington.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Chip