Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C&R prize pack week
How is this supposed to work? I've been following C&R on twitter for awhile now. I don't really fuck with that annoying 24 hour commercial stream though. Last time I twittered everyday, was when Layla was in that mercedes contest, and that turned out real shady.

They originally said they would give prizes as soon as they hit 5,000 people. I thought I had a chance then, but that "contest" was forgotten.

I like getting silly prizes from radio shows, I would like to get a Pete Nice DBN prize pack. Shit like that is cool to me. I have so many bumper stickers, and other junk from the local terrestrial stations around here. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in 7 years though, so it's been a long time since I won a cheesy prize.

Just wondering what I need to do. I listen everyday, I follow on twitter, I tell everyone I know to listen to C&R, and I set all the radios to 108 in the new cars at the Ford dealership where I work. What more do C&R want from me?
Has anyone actually pulled into the dealership to get their car worked on with 108 tuned in?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:Has anyone actually pulled into the dealership to get their car worked on with 108 tuned in?
I've had sirius for almost 7 years, and in the time I worked for Ford and ow VW, I've never ever had a customer with 108 on.

I put 108 on every car that has a sirius subscription, but who knows if anyone leaves it on or immediately turns it off.
LeNeve Wrote:How is this supposed to work? I've been following C&R on twitter for awhile now. I don't really fuck with that annoying 24 hour commercial stream though. Last time I twittered everyday, was when Layla was in that mercedes contest, and that turned out real shady.

They originally said they would give prizes as soon as they hit 5,000 people. I thought I had a chance then, but that "contest" was forgotten.

I like getting silly prizes from radio shows, I would like to get a Pete Nice DBN prize pack. Shit like that is cool to me. I have so many bumper stickers, and other junk from the local terrestrial stations around here. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in 7 years though, so it's been a long time since I won a cheesy prize.

Just wondering what I need to do. I listen everyday, I follow on twitter, I tell everyone I know to listen to C&R, and I set all the radios to 108 in the new cars at the Ford dealership where I work. What more do C&R want from me?
unless you post on TOMB, call in, or swing from their nuts, don't expect anything.

Remember, they keep everything they are supposed to give to the listeners
you know what would be great, a SWOOT bumper sticker.
the keifer Wrote:Has anyone actually pulled into the dealership to get their car worked on with 108 tuned in?

Nope. I might have had one that had 108 as a preset, maybe.

I've seen more presets for the playboy channel than Howard too..

The presets I see here in South West Kansas. All the country channels, hits one, classic rewind, octane, and one of the rap channels. Talk presets I see here, blue collar comedy, howard, howard 101, (when bubba was on), rawdog, playboy radio, and the republican talk radio.
LeNeve Wrote:

Nope. I might have had one that had 108 as a preset, maybe.

I've seen more presets for the playboy channel than Howard too..

The presets I see here in South West Kansas. All the country channels, hits one, classic rewind, octane, and one of the rap channels. Talk presets I see here, blue collar comedy, howard, howard 101, (when bubba was on), rawdog, playboy radio, and the republican talk radio.
I remember the last time I brought my Tempo in for inspection, I had C&R on. The guy who did the inspection made the comment that the show was pretty damn funny.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I got a hooters calendar from them like a month ago.
LeNeve Wrote:I would like to get a Pete Nice DBN prize pack. Shit like that is cool to me.
I got a Pete Nice DBN Prize Pack. It was the SHIZBAMSNAPPY!!
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:How is this supposed to work? I've been following C&R on twitter for awhile now. I don't really fuck with that annoying 24 hour commercial stream though. Last time I twittered everyday, was when Layla was in that mercedes contest, and that turned out real shady.

unless you post on TOMB, call in, or swing from their nuts, don't expect anything.

They posted something about going on UStream yesterday for prizes. UStream is blocked at work so there is little chance of getting a prize that way.
JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

They posted something about going on UStream yesterday for prizes. UStream is blocked at work so there is little chance of getting a prize that way.

They should be posting that shit on here.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

it doesn't benefit them to do that, so don't expect it
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:unless you post on TOMB, call in, or swing from their nuts, don't expect anything.

I would think it would benefit them, this site is dedicated to their show, how many other radio shows on Sirius have one of those, you would think they would promote the shit out of this site.

From what I hear, DBN is FAR less negative than TOMB these days, TOMB is full of haters and negative nancies.

IF they were to promote stuff on here, it would further get promoted and the word would get out even more.

It only makes sense to me that they promote everything they do on DBN and mention DBN as often as possible but that hater rebel mantra still exists, despite the fact that the mantra more applies to their "official" forum now than it does to DBN.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:unless you post on TOMB, call in, or swing from their nuts, don't expect anything.

I would think it would benefit them, this site is dedicated to their show, how many other radio shows on Sirius have one of those, you would think they would promote the shit out of this site.

From what I hear, DBN is FAR less negative than TOMB these days, TOMB is full of haters and negative nancies.

IF they were to promote stuff on here, it would further get promoted and the word would get out even more.

It only makes sense to me that they promote everything they do on DBN and mention DBN as often as possible but that hater rebel mantra still exists, despite the fact that the mantra more applies to their "official" forum now than it does to DBN.
Understood, but it still remains, THEY dont get it
I've seen Covino Rich and even Sara post on here in the past.
They mention DBN on the air sometimes too.
They're gonna want to get the Most members and hits on the official site though to show management how many listeners they have as a negotiation ($$)tool.

That aside though, i think there's some hurt feelings behind it all.

I think it's a good thing there's two forums. There's definatly a different feel from one to the other, but i think the whole US vs. Them thing is unnessesary. We're all fans of the show. Just post where you feel like you can relate to more of the topics or opinions. Doesn't have to be a contest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBN trip to NY month and time of week poll Pete Nice 31 9,097 03-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Miami Vids, Pics & Audio Clips For SUPERBOWL WEEK! Covino 17 5,168 02-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Last Post: AirHej
  AP Bikini Team Nussies Of The Week Thanksgiving Edition NSFW ap bikini team 3 1,879 11-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Derick