Bell's Brewery - Best Brown Ale
Brewed by: Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Michigan, United States

Style: English Brown Ale
ABV 5.80% ABV

[Image: 8715.2413364985_5F00_594e676023.jpg]
Appearance - Deep amber/brown.

Smell - Bread and yeast

Taste - Nutty full flavor - the malted barley is in the finish and has a surprisingly hop aftertaste which was overpowered by the malts in the smell, Slight tast of chocolate.

A coworker told me about a beer store by our office. The place had every beer you could imagine from around the world. Some of the stuff wasn't even in english and some cases were up to $200. I gave the guy behind the counter an idea of what I liked and I let him pick the peer. He pretty much said that Bell's Brewery doesn't make a bad beer and he recommended their seasonal Best Brown Ale.

This stuff is great. It goes down very easy and with a 5.8% ABV you can drink several a night. I would definitely buy this again.
I think I would like this.
LeNeve Wrote:I think I would like this.

I really think you would. Since it's brewed in Michigan and they have it in PA I'm sure there's a chance of you getting it there too.
I haven't seen that around.
I may have to go to a store to get it.
May 20 & 21:: http://www.worldexpoofbeer.com/expo/
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:May 20 & 21:: http://www.worldexpoofbeer.com/expo/

Confusedhock:
Happy birthday to me.
I'm pretty sure Bells doesn't go too far South. It might go to Ohio but I doubt it goes further.

Newcastle is the Brown that is my standard.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flying Dog Brewery Joe 4 2,415 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Last Post: LeNeve