Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craft Beer Party
Brampton Wrote:I have a theory about this......here goes

I think the ratio of people who drink craft/small brewery beer to mass/piss in a bottle beer is about 1:10

so think about it. what do you drink and what do your friends drink?

If you drink craft beer or something from a smaller brewery, chances are your friends insist on drinking crap

My 2 close friends drink Keystone, but one of them has new girfriend that seems to drink good beer. I have another friend in Maryland that buys craft brews my the keg, but he goes to NY for the 4th. There are 2 guys at work that I'm inviting that are big into beer so I htink I could count on them.

I took Sam Adams Winter Loger to my family's house for Christmas and they said it tasted funny so they'll need some help.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Is this an open invite? I have been to a few of these beer parties and usually do this when we have our wine parties. We ask our friends to bring a red and a white in the $10-15 range from a specific region. It is a lot of fun to see what people being and there is usually extra wine so I get to keep the leftovers.

Hell yeah it's open invite. I just wish I could sleep with more people.

Confusedhock: :eek:

For a second there I thought i drank too much tonight.
Brampton Wrote:
Brian Wrote:This is a great idea. I wish I had friends that would be into it. Like Leneves' friends, they drink all the mass produced crap too.
I have a theory about this......here goes

I think the ratio of people who drink craft/small brewery beer to mass/piss in a bottle beer is about 1:10

so think about it. what do you drink and what do your friends drink?

If you drink craft beer or something from a smaller brewery, chances are your friends insist on drinking crap

I've been getting more into the craft beers. I've never drank the big american beers, but I have mostly had the mass produced stuff. It's just easier to find on draft.
Great party idea. We do this occasionally. What I've found is that most of my friends that drink mass produced crap just haven't had a proper beer Sherpa take the time to take them up the mountain. That's what I've been trying to do with Leneve and I think it is working. It has literally taken years, but now when I go visit friends, they all have good beer in the fridge. It is really nice.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:Great party idea. We do this occasionally. What I've found is that most of my friends that drink mass produced crap just haven't had a proper beer Sherpa take the time to take them up the mountain. That's what I've been trying to do with Leneve and I think it is working. It has literally taken years, but now when I go visit friends, they all have good beer in the fridge. It is really nice.

It is working, thanks. :high5:
Pokes28 Wrote:What I've found is that most of my friends that drink mass produced crap just haven't had a proper beer Sherpa take the time to take them up the mountain.
Quote of the week : high5:
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Pokes28 Wrote:Great party idea. We do this occasionally. What I've found is that most of my friends that drink mass produced crap just haven't had a proper beer Sherpa take the time to take them up the mountain. That's what I've been trying to do with Leneve and I think it is working. It has literally taken years, but now when I go visit friends, they all have good beer in the fridge. It is really nice.

I'm into beer because of you guys. I honestly lost the taste for beer years ago and have avoided drinking it. When I'd go out I'd get mixed drinks and every now and then I'd get a Guinness. I think I mentioned something I read on here once to a coworker and he told me about a local brewery and from there I was hooked.

The reason I lost the taste for beer is because I was drinking Miller Lite, Bud Light and Coors Light and they all taste the same. As far as I was concerened there were those beers and Guinness.

I really hope that if this party thing happens that people leave here with the same interest that now have.
I still haven't gotten into beer, but I love Kilo Kai!! I'd bring you a bottle!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
It's official. We're going with the Beer & Wine theme.

http://dbn.eventbrite.com
Awww... I wanna go!!!!!!!! Confusedad:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I can only imagine this being a flop. I know like one guy in this area that knows good beer and know absolutely no one in this area that knows wine.

People that want to come have emailed me telling me they are most likely coming, but no one went to the website and registered. I had important questions in the registration that deal with the amount of children and food questions.

On the 2nd we'll have 50 adults with 3 bottles of cheap wine & Miller Lite. 25 kids will show up and we'll have enough kid friendly stuff for 10 kids.

Kind of like last year when everyone forgot what time to show up so I had people arriving from 11 in the morning to 10 at night. I spent the entire party behind the grill.

This year I am getting drunk and passing out in the back yard.
Joe Wrote:I ca
:roflmao: :rock:
I'm all for trying new beers,but just because somebody is making small batch beer does'nt make it automaticly good. I've had a lot of "craft" beers that i bought because they had a cool name or cool logo, and they tasted like shit.
I think it's like a hipster/starbucks/pompus trend to hate on mainstream beers.
There's some quality small batch beers, no doubt. but i think people buy into the marketing of being nonconforming more than anything.

And for the party, I'd recomend longtrail pollenator. sounds gross but it's really good. :cya:
negadave Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I ca
:roflmao: :rock:
I'm all for trying new beers,but just because somebody is making small batch beer does'nt make it automaticly good. I've had a lot of "craft" beers that i bought because they had a cool name or cool logo, and they tasted like shit.
I think it's like a hipster/starbucks/pompus trend to hate on mainstream beers.
There's some quality small batch beers, no doubt. but i think people buy into the marketing of being nonconforming more than anything.

And for the party, I'd recomend longtrail pollenator. sounds gross but it's really good. :cya:

Watch the movie Beer Wars.

I've bought a few craft beer failures. In fact I have a fridge full right now. On the other hand we have a brewery in Harrisburg that makes amazing brews.
So I guess this year is going to be a DBNless party?
Joe Wrote:So I guess this year is going to be a DBNless party?

I thought a bunch of people were coming.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beer. Chip 5 1,709 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Chip
Lightbulb Faux and Formerly Craft Breweries and Their Owners Joe 0 2,620 12-31-2015, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Beer:30 Chip 2 1,785 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Weddings tap craft beer craze Joe 4 2,504 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Kirkland (Costco's Brand) Beer Mauro 12 4,713 01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Brewers Introduce Beer Stimulus Plan Joe 0 1,775 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
  The United States of Good Beer. Chip 12 5,230 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Spring/Summer Beer LeNeve 28 9,246 02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Faro style beer Pokes28 1 1,809 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
  Diverse Beer Selection Served at President Obama's Super Bow Joe 22 6,855 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: the keifer