Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 weeks...
Joe Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Meh :roll: [smiley]Nascar Sucks[/smiley]

Canadians and women....

Except Taylor.
High five
Chip Wrote:And I've been to UofM games at the Big House, that crowd gets up to 115,000 so I might be able to imagine.
Or do NASCAR races get a ton of people who just go to tailgate?
Mis is a disaster for traffic in and out. Uofm games are pretty damn smooth
The only thing I like about Nascar is the crashes can sometimes be pretty bad ass and Kasey Kahne.
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:And I've been to UofM games at the Big House, that crowd gets up to 115,000 so I might be able to imagine.
Or do NASCAR races get a ton of people who just go to tailgate?
Mis is a disaster for traffic in and out. Uofm games are pretty damn smooth

I was going to say, Michigan games are pretty easy.
I've always been surprised by that.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I've never been a NASCAR fan, but I've been told I'm going to a race this year.
I'm kinda looking forward to it.

In person it's pure fucking awesome at the right track. You'll be blown away by the military fly over and the start of the race. It's loud and awesome. About 30 laps in the people that aren't fans lose interest. At 100 laps in the real fans start wishing they were in their own living room and can get up use their own bahtroom and get themselves a beer. The middle 65% of the race becomes a blur and the end is sometimes exciting.

I've been to Dover and Richmond a few times and they seat over 80,000 people. Traffic leaving there is worse than you can imagine.

I'll be going to MIS here. I've got some friends who do the whole RV thing. They get 3 RVs and make a really long weekend out of it, so I'm thinking I'll be able to wait out the traffic there. I've talked about going for a few years now.

The RV thing is the best way to go.
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I've never been a NASCAR fan, but I've been told I'm going to a race this year.

In person it's pure fucking awesome at the right track. You'll be blown away by the military fly over and the start of the race. It's loud and awesome. About 30 laps in the people that aren't fans lose interest. At 100 laps in the real fans start wishing they were in their own living room and can get up use their own bahtroom and get themselves a beer. The middle 65% of the race becomes a blur and the end is sometimes exciting.

I've been to Dover and Richmond a few times and they seat over 80,000 people. Traffic leaving there is worse than you can imagine.
Bristol and Walkins Glen were the two best ones I've Been too.
Not a bad seat in the house at Bristol.
At the Glen, camping from the infield is more fun than the stands. You buy one ticket for the whole weekend and that includes every event held there during that time. I forgot to mention all the partying that goes on there too. :beer:
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Bristol and Walkins Glen were the two best ones I've Been too.
Not a bad seat in the house at Bristol.
At the Glen, camping from the infield is more fun than the stands. You buy one ticket for the whole weekend and that includes every event held there during that time. I forgot to mention all the partying that goes on there too. :beer:

My neighbor does Bristol every year. I want to go there so bad based on what he says about it. Richmond is pretty bad ass.
I've been to Richmond twice and Watkins Glen many times. Richmond is just awesome.
I just realized something. This year's Daytona 500 will mark the 10yr anniversary of Earnhardts death. Confusedwoot: Doesn't seem that long ago.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:I just realized something. This year's Daytona 500 will mark the 10yr anniversary of Earnhardts death. Confusedwoot: Doesn't seem that long ago.

It doesn't at all. I hate to compare that day to 9/11, but I remember both days clearly. I wasn't even an Earnhardt fan, mostly because he drove a chevy.

My first born daughter was only 8 months old, I was only 22 years old, I was renting a single wide trailer my main form of transportation was a highly modified 1986 IROCZ, which I still have. I've made some major life improvements since then, thank god.

My stepdad called me right away, then we just talked and sat on the phone together for awhile, watching everything. Sad day for sure.
LeNeve Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:I just realized something. This year's Daytona 500 will mark the 10yr anniversary of Earnhardts death. Confusedwoot: Doesn't seem that long ago.

It doesn't at all. I hate to compare that day to 9/11, but I remember both days clearly. I wasn't even an Earnhardt fan, mostly because he drove a chevy.

My first born daughter was only 8 months old, I was only 22 years old, I was renting a single wide trailer my main form of transportation was a highly modified 1986 IROCZ, which I still have. I've made some major life improvements since then, thank god.

My stepdad called me right away, then we just talked and sat on the phone together for awhile, watching everything. Sad day for sure.
I saw that wreck and thought, "He'll be alright." Later that night me and a couple buds were bowling and someone had said about it. They turned on ESPN and sure enough, they were doing tributes to him. As a long time fan, I was pretty bummed.
LeNeve Wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
you should be the biggest NASCAR fan
I was never a big Earnhart fan, but that changed so much of the sport.

better safety....in car, on driver, on track.

it caused Nascar to move into the 21st century.........kicking and screaming!!!!
the keifer Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

I saw that wreck and thought, "He'll be alright." Later that night me and a couple buds were bowling and someone had said about it. They turned on ESPN and sure enough, they were doing tributes to him. As a long time fan, I was pretty bummed.
I was always an Earnhardt fan. I thought the same thing when I saw that wreck. I just couldn't believe when they announced it.
A decent article:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nas...nior_N.htm