Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 weeks...
Until Daytona!!!

Let's hope it can grab my interest this year.
As long as it isn't another Jimmy Johnson year.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
If Johnson crashes in the 500 it's going to be a good start.
Heres what i want to see

No more "lets go racin boys" theme song
Less boogity boogity
Johnson not contend
And more racing, less crashing other drivers
Brampton Wrote:Heres what i want to see

Less boogity boogity
Johnson not contend
:high5:
The whole "chase" format pisses me off more and more. Now, 1 through 10 are locked in and 11 and 12 are wildcard spots based on wins. WTF?!?! Leave it alone for a few years.

AND now they are using E15 ethanol blend fuel. Food prices are through the roof right now and everyone is promoting gasoline made with..........FOOD?!?! :killme:

Less boogity boogity
Johnson not contend

Less crashing means less aggressive driving. Rewind back to after Earnhardt's death and before Kyle Busch and it was downright boring accept for the occassional Harvick fight.
Joe Wrote:

Less boogity boogity
Johnson not contend

Less crashing means less aggressive driving. Rewind back to after Earnhardt's death and before Kyle Busch and it was downright boring accept for the occassional Harvick fight.
I dont mind "rubbin is racing"

But the current group of drivers are downright untalented. If they are back in The pack they crash someone to bunch it up. This wasnt a problem when earnheart was driving. They had respect for one another enough that they didnt to stupid things on the track
Brampton Wrote:I dont mind "rubbin is racing"

But the current group of drivers are downright untalented. If they are back in The pack they crash someone to bunch it up. This wasnt a problem when earnheart was driving. They had respect for one another enough that they didnt to stupid things on the track

I agree with you on the talent of the current drivers. These guys are pussies too. Racing was something that I grew up with and something that I always dreamed of being able to do. It kills me to see the same no talent ass clowns behind the wheel of a car because of their connections.

Fuck these Indy car drivers too. With the exception of Tony Stewart the rest of them just take up space.
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Less boogity boogity
Johnson not contend

I dont mind "rubbin is racing"

Nascar was better when there were more single car teams. The only multi car teams around were Roush, Hendrick, and Junior Johnson and they weren't more than 2 car teams. It was every man for themselves back then. To me that made it more interesting.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:Nascar was better when there were more single car teams. The only multi car teams around were Roush, Hendrick, and Junior Johnson and they weren't more than 2 car teams. It was every man for themselves back then. To me that made it more interesting.

Yeah, that's a huge problem. There has to be some way to cap each owner so that new owners can come into the sport without being extremely wealthy.
Joe Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:Nascar was better when there were more single car teams. The only multi car teams around were Roush, Hendrick, and Junior Johnson and they weren't more than 2 car teams. It was every man for themselves back then. To me that made it more interesting.

Yeah, that's a huge problem. There has to be some way to cap each owner so that new owners can come into the sport without being extremely wealthy.
They did put a cap on it. No more than four. Should be no more than two. Remember when Roush had to get rid of his 5th team? And you know Hendrick would've been headed that way too.
the keifer Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

They did put a cap on it. No more than four. Should be no more than two. Remember when Roush had to get rid of his 5th team? And you know Hendrick would've been headed that way too.

I mean a cap of how much they can spend per car.
Joe Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I mean a cap of how much they can spend per car.
Got ya.
20 years ago, I felt as if I could start at a local dirt track, work my way up to the big time you know? I used to daydream about racing NASCAR. Loved it. Me and my Stepdad even started working on a modified stock for the local tracks. Then the farm started going bankrupt, and some uninsured drunk illegal immigrant wrecked us. That was it. Shit's been down hill since then.

Anyway, I think it is impossible to get into NASCAR now, unless you have a super crazy rich family to start a team. Or a regular wealthy family to start you racing when you are 5 years old.