Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring/Summer Beer
Donginator Wrote:I just got a 24 pack of Costco-Kirkland beer, I think its brewed in California somewhere

Isn't Kirkland the generick brand of everything that Walmart sells?
Joe Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:I just got a 24 pack of Costco-Kirkland beer, I think its brewed in California somewhere

Not Wal Mart, Costco
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Not Wal Mart, Costco

I know, but I thought Kirkland was Walmart's generic brand. That's actually Sam's Choice. Kirkland is Costo's generic brand.

I was only joking, but it turns out I was right.
Yeah its the Costco brand but the beer is really brewed at Hoppen Und Malz Brewing Company out of San Jose, CA & Gordon Biersch Brewing Company Palo Alto CA
[Image: gord-0209-ks-beer_lo1.jpg]
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Leneve, I was thinking about this recently and I think I may have forgotten something that I'd love for you to try. I know you can get it since you've been drinking Fat Tire. Same brewery (New Belgium) but the beer is Mothership Wit.

It is their version of Hoegaarden and it is really nice. It is a classic Wit (pronounced Vit) which means "white." It doesn't have a ton of standard beer taste, but gets a lot of very nice subtle spice flavors. You will notice notes of coriander, orange, and honey.

This is considered a "live" beer. That means that it is unfiltered and it still has live yeast in the bottle. It will not be a clear beer as a result. Before you open it, you should turn the bottle on its side and gently roll it for a few seconds to re-assimilate the sediment. Then pour it into a glass if possible (at least for your first few).

This is a beer that you can slam way too easy but you simply shouldn't. Just enjoy it, smell it, savor it.

Cost should be the same as Fat Tire.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Should I try Hoegaarden? I'm a dark beer guy, but I see this stuff all the time and have never had it. I think I can get 6 packs at Wegmans of it.
Okay. I went to the liqour store with the best selection of everything this evening. When I was paying, I asked about the Mothership Wit. The owner said they have had it before, but it's seasonal.?????????

I asked about ordering it, but they insisted it was seasonal. They said fall. They had to even think about it for awhile. So it appears I'm stalled out on new beers, unless I travel out of town.

I went to another liqour store Monday for Fat Tire. They didn't have it in the coolers, but the lady gave me a key for the storage coolers outside, and told me there might be some in those. So I went and searched around the outdoor storage, and found 2 six packs.

So weird. Just goes to show you the mentality of everyone around this area. I can get any of the mass produced stuff fast. I don't understand why good beer is not popular. Is it the cost, or what? Even people I know with crazy money, ex bosses, business owners, the community parties, always have bud light, coors light, etc..
LeNeve Wrote:Okay. I went to the liqour store with the best selection of everything this evening. When I was paying, I asked about the Mothership Wit. The owner said they have had it before, but it's seasonal.?????????

I asked about ordering it, but they insisted it was seasonal. They said fall. They had to even think about it for awhile. So it appears I'm stalled out on new beers, unless I travel out of town.

I went to another liqour store Monday for Fat Tire. They didn't have it in the coolers, but the lady gave me a key for the storage coolers outside, and told me there might be some in those. So I went and searched around the outdoor storage, and found 2 six packs.

So weird. Just goes to show you the mentality of everyone around this area. I can get any of the mass produced stuff fast. I don't understand why good beer is not popular. Is it the cost, or what? Even people I know with crazy money, ex bosses, business owners, the community parties, always have bud light, coors light, etc..

I may be wrong, but I think the big beer companies pretty much own the distributors and they prety much make sure the beer isles are full of their products. That's why you'll see 20 differnt variations of Bud. It fills more shelves. I know the breweries here deliver their own stuff to beer stores.

This is what I learned at least from reading online and from watching Beer Wars.
Which is probaly why all the liqour stores have huge billboards of hot chicks drinking budlight all over the place
Mothership is not a seasonal. It is a standard product of theirs. My liquor store owner is just a bud/mullet lite guy so he doesn't know shit about good beer. He's asked me a couple times to play host for a craft beer sampling he'd like to do (with the idea that he could sell a butt ton of high price beer). I would like to do it for him, but scheduling has been a problem. Anyways, when I go in there and talk, I try to take a tone of authority on the subject because if I don't, he'll just give me a line. But if I sound like I know what I'm talking about, he'll jump through hoops for me.

Joe, if you are asking me if you should try Hoegaarden, the answer is of course "yes." Even if it isn't a favorite of yours, you have the opportunity to work on your beer pallet. I can honestly say that I won't say "no" to any beer that I haven't had before. I know there are some that I simply won't enjoy due to their having chocolate or coffee flavor, but that doesn't mean I refuse to try them.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
My taste is slowly changing. I wasn't a fan of hoppy beers, but I heard so many good things about this one local beer that I had to try it anyway. It's very hoppy, but at the same time is kind of sweet. Less of a carbonated taste to it if you know what I mean. It's actually so happy that it tastes like someone grinded an entire christmas tree into it. I kind of like it though.

http://www.troegs.com/our_brews/nugget_nectar.aspx
haha nugget nectar........ :wanker:
Brian Wrote:haha nugget nectar........ :wanker:

:roflmao:
I would say no to trying anything that has Bud or budweiser on the label.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beer. Chip 5 1,709 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Chip
  Beer:30 Chip 2 1,785 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Weddings tap craft beer craze Joe 4 2,504 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  "Summer Beers" Pokes28 15 5,558 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Kirkland (Costco's Brand) Beer Mauro 12 4,713 01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Craft Beer Party Joe 52 17,014 07-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  Brewers Introduce Beer Stimulus Plan Joe 0 1,775 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
  The United States of Good Beer. Chip 12 5,230 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Faro style beer Pokes28 1 1,809 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
  Diverse Beer Selection Served at President Obama's Super Bow Joe 22 6,855 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: the keifer