Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protect Hockey Players the Euro Way
No touch icing is what should be used, but if your gonna say that ovechkin is bad for this, get the rose colored glasses off, he's not only playing within the rules, but far from the worst offender.

The euro ice is gay. What they need to do is contract 5-6 teams and eliminate the dirty players

The rule i wanna see implemented has to do with boarding. I hate when the little forewards move away from the boards and duck down so when they get touched they dive into the boards. That should be a penalty.
Also when guys purposly turn into the boards to draw a penalty, they end up getti g hurt and its their fault. They should be given 10 and a game for being stupid
Chip Wrote:5. There's no way that'll ever happen. If you get the heavy weight fighters out, I think that'll fix the concusions from fighting problem. I love it when skilled guys like Iginla, even Datsyuk threw down this year.

And Crosby. Who threw down AND won.

In all reality though, this is the one that is most unlikely to happen, but one that I would really like to see as well. I LOVE the idea of keeping the offender on the ice during the first two minutes of the PK.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:1. It works good in theory, but I have a couple issues with a total ban. First, the height differense of guys. The taller guys won't be able to body check anymore, and the smaller guys will be almost untouchables. Second, all a player has to do is lead with his head, and he'll be untouchable. Holik says it every time it comes up, players just have to protect themselves

I agree 100%, but the NHL is so inconsistent with enforcing it, that it might be the best way to do it. The way to stop a small guy, use a small defensemen, problem solved.

I still think a total bad isn't the way to go.
Getting people who aren't morons in charge will go a long way to fixing this, and other problems.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Not to mention that Lindros was such a HUGE bitch, that no one really gave a fuck what happened to him.
If they had any rules about headshots when he was playing he wpuld have had a much longer career.

His head injuries started in junior, and as we all know head injuries never go away they just get worse.

This is what shortened his career and ended his brothers. Both were phenominal players, i dont care what your opinions are. Eric lindross was a gifted player whos career was ended way too early

No doubting his talent, but he was still a HUGE bitch. Just like Ovechkin and just like people think Crosby is, no one ever denies their talent, well except uneducated Flyers and Rangers fans who think their entire team is better than Crosby. I will give Chip that, he is not a normal Flyer fan.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Brampton Wrote:The rule i wanna see implemented has to do with boarding. I hate when the little forewards move away from the boards and duck down so when they get touched they dive into the boards. That should be a penalty.
Also when guys purposly turn into the boards to draw a penalty, they end up getti g hurt and its their fault. They should be given 10 and a game for being stupid

1000x yes.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:5. There's no way that'll ever happen. If you get the heavy weight fighters out, I think that'll fix the concusions from fighting problem. I love it when skilled guys like Iginla, even Datsyuk threw down this year.

In all reality though, this is the one that is most unlikely to happen, but one that I would really like to see as well. I LOVE the idea of keeping the offender on the ice during the first two minutes of the PK.

Sorry for this, but it's too civil in here right now...

Was this the fight he won?
[youtube]8AurlQGuZtA[/youtube]

Sorry again.
Brampton Wrote:No touch icing is what should be used, but if your gonna say that ovechkin is bad for this, get the rose colored glasses off, he's not only playing within the rules, but far from the worst offender.

The euro ice is gay. What they need to do is contract 5-6 teams and eliminate the dirty players

The rule i wanna see implemented has to do with boarding. I hate when the little forewards move away from the boards and duck down so when they get touched they dive into the boards. That should be a penalty.

I agree about the boarding stuff, your spot on on that.

I completely disagree on the Euro Ice. They are not going to contract, relocate yes, not contract, NEVER going to happen. These ARE the ways to eliminate dirty players. I understand you are or might be a traditionalist, or your team may not thrive on Euro Ice, those are usually the two groups most against it, but it would make the game WAY more exciting AND marketable.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Not to mention that Lindros was such a HUGE bitch, that no one really gave a fuck what happened to him.
If they had any rules about headshots when he was playing he wpuld have had a much longer career.

His head injuries started in junior, and as we all know head injuries never go away they just get worse.

This is what shortened his career and ended his brothers. Both were phenominal players, i dont care what your opinions are. Eric lindross was a gifted player whos career was ended way too early

No doubting his talent, but he was still a HUGE bitch. Just like Ovechkin and just like people think Crosby is, no one ever denies their talent, well except uneducated Flyers and Rangers fans who think their entire team is better than Crosby. I will give Chip that, he is not a normal Flyer fan.

Hey, I'll say Crosby has pretty much fixed all the issues I had with him.
But you only get one chance at a first impression, and it's fun to hate him.
Rivalries are always a good thing.

But I really don't thinl Ovechkin is as dirty as you make him out to be.
Wreckless, yeah. But not dirty.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Sorry for this, but it's too civil in here right now...

Was this the fight he won?
[youtube]8AurlQGuZtA[/youtube]

Sorry again.

Yes that is it.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:No touch icing is what should be used, but if your gonna say that ovechkin is bad for this, get the rose colored glasses off, he's not only playing within the rules, but far from the worst offender.

I agree about the boarding stuff, your spot on on that.

I completely disagree on the Euro Ice. They are not going to contract, relocate yes, not contract, NEVER going to happen. These ARE the ways to eliminate dirty players. I understand you are or might be a traditionalist, or your team may not thrive on Euro Ice, those are usually the two groups most against it, but it would make the game WAY more exciting AND marketable.

They'll never contract.
I bet as soon as the economy turns around, they'll expand to 32 teams.
Getting rid of the goon who plays 2 minutes a game is key.
I smell sensorship...

[youtube]4wqR17KrLKw[/youtube]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

You just made it perfectly clear to me. You would love lindross or ovechkin if they were on the Pens

Its clear now. Thanks for clearing that up
Chip Wrote:I smell sensorship...

What about Censorship?

Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

You just made it perfectly clear to me. You would love lindross or ovechkin if they were on the Pens

Its clear now. Thanks for clearing that up

There were people who thought the Caps should have taken Malkin 1st over all that year, which would have put Ovechkin on hte Pens. Confusedhock:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I smell sensorship...

What about Censorship?

Something happened to the video of Crosby's nut punch in my first post...
:poke:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hockey Playoff Pickums Pete Nice 44 12,303 06-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: i bleed green
  Fantasy Hockey Pool NussieT 3 1,965 10-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Hockey Gods getting back at a jack ass fan Chip 3 2,071 05-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Favorite Players Pete Nice 10 4,214 04-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Joe
  The NHL's All-Time Dirtiest Players Joe 8 3,499 04-13-2011, 02:48 PM