Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
[Image: Youngs+Double+Chocolate+Stout+3.JPG]

Pours nice dark brown color with a nice thick tan head that remains for the duration of the drink. Aromas of roasted malts, coffee, and chocolate. Taste matches the nose with nice smooth chocolate taste. Very smooth drink with medium carbonation and body. I've been wanting to try this for a while and wasn't disappointed. I just wish the beer store was open right now so I could pick up some more. I also wish it wasn't so damn expensive.
This has been one of the wife's favorites for years. Not my thing as it is of course packed with chocolate and coffee flavorings which I don't like. My wife however doesn't drink just the stout, she combines it with Lindemann's Frambois. Which I've mentioned a few times on here.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_breweries/lindemans.html">http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_br ... emans.html</a><!-- m -->
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I am with Pokes, I have 2 or 3 cans of this in the beer fridge now.

I like it, but not alone, I have mixed it with blueberry beer and it was fucking delicious.

I plan on mixing it with various Lindemann's Frambois flavors also, I have the raspberry in the beer fridge now.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I like it, but not alone, I have mixed it with blueberry beer and it was fucking delicious.
What did I tell you?!?!?
Pete Nice Wrote:I am with Pokes, I have 2 or 3 cans of this in the beer fridge now.

I like it, but not alone, I have mixed it with blueberry beer and it was fucking delicious.

I plan on mixing it with various Lindemann's Frambois flavors also, I have the raspberry in the beer fridge now.

Where can I get Lindemann's Frambois? Nazi store or beer store?
Its a beer. Kind of expensive but fantastic.

Normally it is sold in what looks to be Champagne sized bottles and I've never seen it in a 6 pack.
Pokes28 Wrote:Its a beer. Kind of expensive but fantastic.

Normally it is sold in what looks to be Champagne sized bottles and I've never seen it in a 6 pack.

Yeah, that's what confuses me. If it's a beer I'm guessing they only have it in cases.
Damn and I thought Oklahoma beer laws were fucked up.
I tried to get a few youngs 8 packs when I was in Jersey last weekend, but they only sold it by the bottle at the store I went to. It was like $4.50 a bottle so I passed. I found it here at the store, but it's like $55 a case.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I am with Pokes, I have 2 or 3 cans of this in the beer fridge now.

Where can I get Lindemann's Frambois? Nazi store or beer store?

A beer store that sells singles or 6 packs, you don't want an entire case.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bourbon County Stout Joe 2 1,699 11-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Southern Tier Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout Joe 3 2,014 08-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Brian
  Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout Joe 1 1,171 12-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: negadave