Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh...
WTF is this cooking show that is on Stars Too right now?
now for the rest of the story. The guy playing is the best violinists in the world, playing some of the most complicated classical music ever written. The violin was made in the the 1700's and is valued around $5 million. A ticket to see this guy play will run you anywhere from $100 to $10,000. He made $32 for 45 minutes, and the 1 person that recognized him, saw him play at the Library of Congress 3 weeks prior.

the place, was at a train stop in Wahsington DC, near Capitol Hill, by one of the federal buildings

they counted everyone that walked by, a little over 1000 people
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:The Lions have been drafting high for over a decade.
All they're doing is destroying possible talent for other teams.
The Lions are on the brink of something good......I'd like to see them get another D-lineman or O-lineman high in the draft.

I've been hearing that around here since Wayne Fonts though.
No way......this is the first team that has been any entertaining since Barry was running

I'll admit that I don't really follow them.
Other then the random stuff I hear on local sports radio.
But, even if it might be true this time, every year since the 90's it's been "They're doing it right. They'll get better. Next year they'll win more games."
I just laugh when I keep hearing it year after year.
Derick Wrote:now for the rest of the story. The guy playing is the best violinists in the world, playing some of the most complicated classical music ever written. The violin was made in the the 1700's and is valued around $5 million. A ticket to see this guy play will run you anywhere from $100 to $10,000. He made $32 for 45 minutes, and the 1 person that recognized him, saw him play at the Library of Congress 3 weeks prior.

the place, was at a train stop in Wahsington DC, near Capitol Hill, by one of the federal buildings

I love that story.
Derick Wrote:now for the rest of the story. The guy playing is the best violinists in the world, playing some of the most complicated classical music ever written. The violin was made in the the 1700's and is valued around $5 million. A ticket to see this guy play will run you anywhere from $100 to $10,000. He made $32 for 45 minutes, and the 1 person that recognized him, saw him play at the Library of Congress 3 weeks prior.

and.........so it proved that people don't care about classical music
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:on what is happening in the video

What happened was I got 15 seconds in and fast forwarded to the last 15 seconds and since nothing changed I got angry and mumbled a few bad words.
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Derick, I don't think this is a Violin at the Trainstation kinda crowd

I used to see those people at the train station in Philly. While everyone else thought it was nice and gave them money I always thought how they should be working and not making noise so god damn early in the morning.
Brampton Wrote:

It also proves that your not the greatest musician in the world unless you give youself that title.
Brampton Wrote:

its not that people dont care about the music, its that a guy playing an instrument worth more than we will make in a lifetime, was playing at a train station and people were to busy to stop and listen. If snookie was at that station, there would be mass hysteria going on. Sad the world we live in
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

It also proves that your not the greatest musician in the world unless you give youself that title.
he didnt give that title to himself, an article was written about his performance in the train station, it won a Pulitzer prize.
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

he didnt give that title to himself, an article was written about his performance in the train station, it won a Pulitzer prize.

Was the article in the New York Times?
Derick Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

its not that people dont care about the music, its that a guy playing an instrument worth more than we will make in a lifetime, was playing at a train station and people were to busy to stop and listen. If snookie was at that station, there would be mass hysteria going on. Sad the world we live in
If I saw Snookie, I'd run the other way.....I don't care about celebrities. I don't know why we celebrate them. I find they do ridiculous things to stay famous, and I laugh at them.
Brampton Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:whas up everyone

I gotta say that I've been better. How bout you?
No job yet, but I feel good and I'm still upbeat about things :high5:

Optimism is a good thing :wink:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:whas up everyone

I gotta say that I've been better. How bout you?
No job yet, but I feel good and I'm still upbeat about things :high5:

Optimism is a good thing :wink:
Yup :thanks:
Chip Wrote:Was the article in the New York Times?
it was in the Washinton Post. I'd post the article but I barely got through it,
Derick Wrote:its not that people dont care about the music, its that a guy playing an instrument worth more than we will make in a lifetime, was playing at a train station and people were to busy to stop and listen. If snookie was at that station, there would be mass hysteria going on. Sad the world we live in
:whomo:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  December 2016 ~ Cuz Fuckers are lazy Beckster 12 1,064 05-14-2021, 02:29 AM
Last Post: niki123456
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM