Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh...
Brampton Wrote:Sorry, my father in law didn't make nearly that much money, and raised 4 kids......again I'm getting annoyed with this topic

And that's great..but do you live in an expensive city? Was he rich?
-POKES WEARS SWOCKS!-

C & R Got FAAAAME! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.covinoandrich.com">http://www.covinoandrich.com</a><!-- m -->
Covino Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I you can't live like the man making $250k youre an asshole

You can live a very good life in Manhattan for that money.

Great but was that the discussion ? i said what makes you RICH? aaand you'd be limiting your spending especially if you have more than one kid. Far from ballin' As your income grows your expenses grow. I doubt you'd stay in the same place.

This I agree with. If you don't have kids then you don't get it. Every extra penny goes to your babies, and you are broke from then on, no matter how much you make, unless you are RICH!
Covino Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Sorry, my father in law didn't make nearly that much money, and raised 4 kids......again I'm getting annoyed with this topic

And that's great..but do you live in an expensive city? Was he rich?
Yes....short answer, living in the greater Toronto area is expensive. It's $500000 for a 1200sq/ft townhouse a half-hour outside the downtown core.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Derick Wrote:apparently john hopkins SOM has a ton of jobs

You could move to Pittsburgh. UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) has some of the top research centers, facilities and medical facilities in the world.

Yeah, but then he lives in Pittsburgh... Confusedwoot: U of Penn is ranked #2 and Hopkins in ranked #3 when it comes to medical research. Pitt is #14.

Penn is in Philly and Hopkins is in Baltimore, two cities that are consistently ranked low on the lists of places you want to live. Pittsburgh on the other hand, is constantly at the top of those lists, if not number 1.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Covino Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I you can't live like the man making $250k youre an asshole

You can live a very good life in Manhattan for that money.

Great but was that the discussion ? i said what makes you RICH? aaand you'd be limiting your spending especially if you have more than one kid. Far from ballin' As your income grows your expenses grow. I doubt you'd stay in the same place.

Rich, no way, good life, yes for sure. I think the convo kind of took a twist on the forum from being Rich to living a good life. I could take my wife, add a kid, get two monthly parking leases and live a good life in a Manhattan apartment for $250k a year for sure. I would NOT be rich though.

$5k a month for rent = $60k a year.
$1k a month for parking leases = $12k a year.

Everything else is pretty much the same costs as any other city. The only exceptions being in Manhattan you might pay some tolls if you are going back and forth to Jersey a lot and food might be 10% more expensive.

So $250k - $75K still leaves $175K - $100K for taxes still leaves you $75k a year to live on after rent and parking are paid. I could live very nice on $75k take home a year after rent and parking.

But no, I would not be Rich.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I can't even begin to imagine paying 5K a month for RENT. 1K a month for parking is insanity. Please tell me this is a made up figure.

I tried to get my boss to buy a parking pass for the garage in Harrisburg so I don't have to fill out an expense report every day and he complained because it's $150 a month.
Joe Wrote:I can't even begin to imagine paying 5K a month for RENT. 1K a month for parking is insanity. Please tell me this is a made up figure.

I tried to get my boss to buy a parking pass for the garage in Harrisburg so I don't have to fill out an expense report every day and he complained because it's $150 a month.

Rent in Manhattan for a decent place would be around $5k a month, yes that is correct. And I am not taking near central park, but in a nice area none the less. I figure two cars, $500 a month for a monthly lease to park. I might actually be low on that number. It costs about $40 to $50 a day to park in Manhattan garages. Depending on where you are, some are cheaper. Some areas, you can find 24 hour street parking, so maybe one car could be street and only get on garage lease, depending on what area of Manhattan the apartment would be in.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I can't even begin to imagine paying 5K a month for RENT. 1K a month for parking is insanity. Please tell me this is a made up figure.

Rent in Manhattan for a decent place would be around $5k a month, yes that is correct. And I am not taking near central park, but in a nice area none the less. I figure two cars, $500 a month for a monthly lease to park. I might actually be low on that number. It costs about $40 to $50 a day to park in Manhattan garages. Depending on where you are, some are cheaper. Some areas, you can find 24 hour street parking, so maybe one car could be street and only get on garage lease, depending on what area of Manhattan the apartment would be in.

Somehow I'm going to use this in my negotiations with my boss about the parking pass so I don't have to pay $15 a day at the Walnut Street Garage. I also want the pass because that garage is right along restaurant row and I can use it for after hours stuff too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  December 2016 ~ Cuz Fuckers are lazy Beckster 12 1,064 05-14-2021, 02:29 AM
Last Post: niki123456
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM