Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pirates
What should the U.S. do about pirates?

Got into a heated discussion with my buddy over some beers last night.
Though i do think it's pretty bad ass the way we rolled up and sniped the shit out of the somali pirates, i don't think that it's something the government should get involed with.

The ships that are being attacked are privately run companys. I think they should be responsible for the safety of their own ships rather than rely on tax payer money to keep their profits safe. If they were within U.S. soil that would be a different story.

We already have a bad image around the world, and then they were talking about going in wherever the pirates landed to prosecute them. I think that has the danger of getting us involved with another conflict with another country that we dont need.

Thoughts?
In the case of American captain being taken hostage, I think the correct actions were taken. I think that if an American ship is in danger, then the military should step in and take action.

If a ship is being attacked or in danger of being attacked, the country of origin should be responsible. As negadave said, we're already in enough trouble at home and abroad to be sticking our noses in places where they don't belong.

Now throwing diplomacy out the window, the pirates should be blown the fuck out of the water. Think about the message that would be sent if a pirate ship comes rolling into Mogadishu with a bunch of sniped Somalis on board.
Paul is a little out there sometimes but I think he's spot-on with this:

[youtube]CC-L7KDpEYM[/youtube]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letters_of_marque">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letters_of_marque</a><!-- m -->
I think this is something that should be regulated by Interpol. Our Navy cannot maintain a military presence in the Persian Gulf and respond to threats of pirates.
Also, I don't think armed private security is a way to go either. This may be one of those things where nations are going to have to band together and support an international action rather then let one country do it all.
I think they should deport them because they'll never be as good as the Phillies.... Oh wait.. Nevermind.
Joe In PA Wrote:I think they should deport them because they'll never be as good as the Phillies.... Oh wait.. Nevermind.

They still have more World Series Championships than the Phillies do. Actually more than twice as many.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
i think they should send covino to deal with the pirates, he can kick a monkeys ass, and something else i forget, but he could surely take care of the pirates
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
have pirates actually killed anyone this year?
Derick Wrote:i think they should send covino to deal with the pirates, he can kick a monkeys ass, and something else i forget, but he could surely take care of the pirates

do you have any idea how long it takes to get to somalia in the kroq van?
MMM Cunty!
I say we make them walk the plank... Aye!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Avast!
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri