Poll: Is a 55% Death Tax Fair?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fuck you, I paid my taxes already! Hands Off
100.00%
15 100.00%
Fuck you, we need to tax them to help fund the government!
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Tax, for or against?
they could raise the tax rates on the rich a small percentage if they need to but what they need to do is stop allowing the huge tax breaks for the rich as far as the ductions . if there to pay 40 percent they should pay 40 percent it's not like they don't have the money maybe if they get the right to ductions it get down to 30 but they still need to be paying for not paying 0 or 1 or 2 percent
sent from 1975.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
ap bikini team Wrote:What level of taxes would you be comfortable with, Joe?

How about equal taxes?
Joe Wrote:

How about equal taxes?

What a concept!
Joe Wrote:

How about equal taxes?

I'm all for equal taxes. I wouldn't mind a flat tax. But liberals (not saying you, Joe) scream about it raising taxes on the poor. Well I know some of the "Poor" they talk about. There are people at my friend's job that make about 20k a year with a few kids. They get back 10k on their taxes from EIC, because they aren't married and the bf isn't on the lease, she gets $500 a month in section 8 housing credits, and a whole slew of other tax benefits. When you add up those breaks, she makes more than my friend (the manager). I think it's bullshit.

Everyone pays 15% or 20% and be done with it. If you make 20k, 15%, if you make 10 million, 15%. Whatever the rate, everyone pays it (and I mean really pays it).
ap bikini team Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

How about equal taxes?

I'm all for equal taxes. I wouldn't mind a flat tax. But liberals (not saying you, Joe) scream about it raising taxes on the poor. Well I know some of the "Poor" they talk about. There are people at my friend's job that make about 20k a year with a few kids. They get back 10k on their taxes from EIC, because they aren't married and the bf isn't on the lease, she gets $500 a month in section 8 housing credits, and a whole slew of other tax benefits. When you add up those breaks, she makes more than my friend (the manager). I think it's bullshit.

Everyone pays 15% or 20% and be done with it. If you make 20k, 15%, if you make 10 million, 15%. Whatever the rate, everyone pays it (and I mean really pays it).

I'm down with that and really down with the flat tax.

I'm not sure if I am a liberal or not. I think I'm just sensible.
I'm a fiscal conservative and social moderate. I think we should keep more of what we earn, and as long as it really doesn't affect someone's life, people should do what they want, within reason. My issues with abortion, is once the baby has a heartbeat and brainwaves that are measurable (which is what we use to decide whether to pull the plug on someone), should be applied to this as well. If a gay person wants to get married, have at it. Doesn't affect me. If someone wants to smoke weed. Have at it (just not near me because I'm allergic to it and you'll kill me). I'm a moderate Republican. Some of what the Reps do irritates the fuck out of me like pushing for constitutional amendments to marriage and 100% outlawing of abortions, and other retarded stuff, but have so many more problems with the far left doing the same overboard things like outlawing soft drinks, and so much other politically correct bullshit. MOST of the POA shit C&R talk about come far more from the left, than the right.
Most of the POA stuff that goes down happens because of liberals. Not all Democrats are those same liberals.
That's why I said far left. A "normal" democrat is pretty close to "normal" republican. One of us is a NL fan and the other is an AL fan and have an issue with the DH rule, but both really love baseball. Far left people and far right people are so full of hate, they don't enjoy much in life.
Pete Nice Wrote:they could raise the tax rates on the rich a small percentage if they need to but what they need to do is stop allowing the huge tax breaks for the rich as far as the ductions . if there to pay 40 percent they should pay 40 percent it's not like they don't have the money maybe if they get the right to ductions it get down to 30 but they still need to be paying for not paying 0 or 1 or 2 percent
sent from 1975.
^this^
I would be for a flat tax except it doesn't work. I wish I could find the article I read on it, it was in an econ journal.

It isn't the fault of the flat tax itself, but its wider-affects. They went through 3 or 4 countries that tried it and show'ed how it failed.

But Pete is right, if you close the loop holes then it would go a long way to getting the gov more money.
Do you get taxed even if youve been granted power of attorney?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Brampton Wrote:Do you get taxed even if youve been granted power of attorney?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

It's the estate. So if it was your father, the net value of his assets would be taxed, even if you had power of attorney over it.