Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scam Alert - Win HDD
Today was the first day I saw this so I wanted to pass it along to others.

[Image: checkdisk_gui.jpg]

Win HDD is a new threat to the stability of computers. It is a bogus PC cleaner that claims to speed up your system by repairing some internal errors. There is no truth in what Win HDD states though, just like things are with its clone scamware Check Disk. Having scanned your workstation, this unwanted program finds many instances of incorrect system functioning. For example, it may inform you that Windows is unable to find hard disk space or that RAM memory failure has been encountered. Just keep in mind that these notifications are misleading hence not trustworthy. Win HDD is counterfeit in every single thing it does. There are no such problems with your Operating System in fact. The application badly needs you to believe you have those issues. Why? Because otherwise you will not pay for Win HDD registration, will you? This is the actual essence of the real bad program in question. It admittedly claims to find complications that aren’t there so that you start wanting to get them corrected. The corrupt arsenal of Win HDD includes phony alerts, fake scanners and imitated system crashes. It’s absolutely unwise to buy Win HDD license. Doing so will simply get you involved in the sticky scheme of being scammed out of money. Do you want to fall victim of this fraud? Of course you don’t, so go ahead and make the first move to eliminate the risks caused by Win HDD malware. The only thing you should do for that is removing the intruder.

Determine if your PC is infected with Win HDD:

Download Win HDD Malware Free Scanner with Remover

Win HDD Forerunner’s GUI Screenshot:

How to remove Win HDD manually:

To perform manual removal of Win HDD, you should do the following:

Delete Win HDD corrupt files:

%Temp%\[random]
%Temp%\[random].exe
%Temp%\[random].dll
%Temp%\dfrg
%Temp%\dfrgr
%Temp%\[random].exe
%UserProfile%\Desktop\Win HDD.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Win HDD
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Win HDD\Win HDD.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Win HDD\Uninstall Win HDD.lnk
Remove the following associated registry entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random]“
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random].exe”
I hate those malware progs... Someone hear is going to get it and add it, then wonder why their pc is all fucked.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scam Alert - UPS Taxes Joe 0 1,119 11-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Joe