Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pointer on cocaine
So I have been using my old Dell that Joe fixed for bullshitting around on the internet in my car b/c it fits my laptop stand better than my sony. There is one issue that I have come across, the pointer seems to enjoy jumping around the paragraph for no reason at no given time when I am typing. It is rather annoying. B/c the laptop in in a stand in my car, I need to rest my palms to either side of the touchpad when the I type, but this stuff never happened to me before on this laptop, before the hard drive crashed. Anyone know what can be done, or where I can check in setting or something. Or a fix? It did it 5 times just typing this.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Sounds like you're touching the touch pad with your palms while you type. It's fucking annoying, so I disabled my touch pad.
Brian Wrote:Sounds like you're touching the touch pad with your palms while you type. It's fucking annoying, so I disabled my touch pad.

I think I know what it is. I think it is the blue pointer thing that Dell put in the middle of my keyboard. I remember I disabled that before. I will try that and update. I can't disable the touchpad, I need that. I also am pretty sure I am not touching the touchpad, only my tumbs are near it and I only use my left thumb for t he space bar and don't use my right thumb while typing.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I hate the blue pointer thing. My Dell doesn't have that.
The sensor for the pointer stick is going bad. My last 3 Dells did that. Just disable it. There is a slight possibility that the driver is bad. it Dell's website and download the latest. That fixed it for one of my customers.
Joe Wrote:The sensor for the pointer stick is going bad. My last 3 Dells did that. Just disable it. There is a slight possibility that the driver is bad. it Dell's website and download the latest. That fixed it for one of my customers.

I can't figure out how to disable it. Looked everywhere. Tried downloading the newest drivers, nothing.

Once you download the drivers, you just have to restart the PC right?

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:The sensor for the pointer stick is going bad. My last 3 Dells did that. Just disable it. There is a slight possibility that the driver is bad. it Dell's website and download the latest. That fixed it for one of my customers.

I can't figure out how to disable it. Looked everywhere. Tried downloading the newest drivers, nothing.

Mouse properties int he control pannel. A reboot is all that's needed after the driver update.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Mouse properties int he control pannel. A reboot is all that's needed after the driver update.

Looked there and done that, didn't work.

[Image: PEBCAC-300x300.jpg]
Joe Wrote:[Image: PEBCAC-300x300.jpg]

Any way you could link here the exact link for the driver I should use and I will try it again?

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:[Image: PEBCAC-300x300.jpg]

Any way you could link here the exact link for the driver I should use and I will try it again?

What is your service tag number?