Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS right?
I got this in an email. I never believe anything, but this especially sounds like BS to me.

>>WOW!! We should all be more careful.
This E-mail message originated from the University of Miami Hospital in Miami , Florida .
Good advice. Shows what a cell phone will do if it is being charged. ........Never do this! Tell all your friends TO UNPLUG THE CHARGER. We usually charge our phones, most of the time during the night, but occasionally while we are driving, we will use the plug in the car charger. Will definitely unplug it in the future.I do this all the time . I guess I won't be doing it ANY more ! A few days ago, a person was recharging his mobile phone at home. Just at that time a call came in and he answered it with the charging Instrument still connected to the outlet. After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the floor with a heavy thud. As you can see,the phone actually exploded.His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.Cell phones are a very useful modern invention.However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death.Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet! If you are charging the cell phone and a call comes in, unplug it from the charger and outlet.>>>>>>>>>>>>FORWARD THIS TO THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER IN YOUR LIFE!!! >>>>
:crank: :crank:
I call :bullshit: on that.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I suppose it's possible, that with all that electricity flowing through that something could go haywire. I'll still talk on it with it plugged in.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
It's in an e-mail that says "FORWARD THIS TO THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER IN YOUR LIFE!!!".
It's B.S.
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/cellcharge.asp
As person who is quite prone to electrical shock.... I never had an issue with that, so bullshit on them. I hate those email forwards, I waste more time deleting them then I care to.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
You'd be surprised how much time I spend explaining to people that the world is not coming to an end because their email told them it was.
Joe Wrote:You'd be surprised how much time I spend explaining to people that the world is not coming to and end because their email told them it was.
Are you sure?
Brian in NY Wrote:
Joe Wrote:You'd be surprised how much time I spend explaining to people that the world is not coming to an end because their email told them it was.
Are you sure?

Oh yes and they always need proof.
Joe Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Joe Wrote:You'd be surprised how much time I spend explaining to people that the world is not coming to an end because their email told them it was.
Are you sure?

Snopes is one of the best sites out there.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Are you sure?

Snopes is one of the best sites out there.

That's where I always go.
Joe Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Are you sure?

So the world is not coming to an end?
Brian in NY Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Are you sure?

So the world is not coming to an end?

Not till 2012
Joe Wrote:Oh yes and they always need proof.
So the world is not coming to an end?[/quote]

Not till 2012[/quote]

Just like everyone's electronics were going to shut down for Y2K?
I need some verification that the end is near, so I can go out and live it up for my last year on the planet.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!