Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVD to hardrive
OK, here is what I want to do. I have a 500g external hard drive I want to use just to hold movies to play on any one of my laptops. I can watch them in WMP that is fine by me.

What kind of program do I use to do this and to do it well? I don't really want to buy anything. I already have a top notch Nero program. can I just use that? If I burn with Nero, willit let me play the movies full screen on WMP?

Any ideas would help, I want to start burning tomorrow.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Anyone got anything for me on this? I know at least one of you ass clowns rips your DVD's to your hard drive. How do you do it?

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:Anyone got anything for me on this? I know at least one of you ass clowns rips your DVD's to your hard drive. How do you do it?
http://handbrake.fr/?article=download

Never tried it, but it's open source and free.
I'm confused already.

Anything easier?

I've used handbrake to make movies for my iphone. The way I've done it though, you have to decode the dvd and rip it to the hard drive first using dvdshrink. You can get that at http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_...shrink.cfm. dvdshrink breaks down the dvd into vob video files and handbrake converts the vob files into whatever file you want.
Brian in NY Wrote:I've used handbrake to make movies for my iphone. The way I've done it though, you have to decode the dvd and rip it to the hard drive first using dvdshrink. You can get that at http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_...shrink.cfm. dvdshrink breaks down the dvd into vob video files and handbrake converts the vob files into whatever file you want.

I use DVD shrink now to break down Nteflix movies and then burn them using IMGburn, but you can only watch them small screen on DVD shrink. After I shrink them, how would I get them onto my external as a regular movie?

Handbrake will convert to .mp4 and I think windows media player will play that file type. You'll have to play with the settings in handbrake to get the correct resolution for what you are viewing the movie on.

Windows Media Player will also play .mkv file formats which would have the correct settings for full screen viewing (tv). Handbrake will create that file as well.