Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday Oct. 27. Covino is Awesome!
Joe Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:Good morning everyone!!!!! I hope Verizon gets the Iphone since we bought stock in Verizon last year in anticipation of it and then it never happened... Confusedad:

Apple approached Verizon about it first. Verizon wanted them to make too many changes (like removable batteries) so Apple went to AT&T.
i cant believe people are still hung up on this battery issue. Its never been a problem, ever
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
i bleed green Wrote:I was just wondering if you could keep updating your OS, but about 2 older than the latest version.
i'm currently running 3.1.3 which is about 3 version old. I like my phone the way it is, and will not be updating any time soon. Learned that lesson
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:Good morning everyone!!!!! I hope Verizon gets the Iphone since we bought stock in Verizon last year in anticipation of it and then it never happened... Confusedad:

Apple approached Verizon about it first. Verizon wanted them to make too many changes (like removable batteries) so Apple went to AT&T.

Because removable batteries are a good thing.
You can replace an old battery instead of getting a whole new phone.
Apple nazis want you to have to buy a new phone
My uncle has replaced quite a few hard drives on ipods. I can't imagine it would be any harder to change the battery.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I have 2 iphones, and neither of them have decreased battery life. How long do you keep phones that you think you will wear a battery out? This isnt the 1980's anymore
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

i cant believe people are still hung up on this battery issue. Its never been a problem, ever

It's a huge problem. My clients spend their entire day on the phone. Most of them have battery chargers with them because they don't have time to plug the phone in. When the battery dies they put in the battery that's on the charger and then they go on.
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

It's a huge problem. My clients spend their entire day on the phone. Most of them have battery chargers with them because they don't have time to plug the phone in. When the battery dies they put in the battery that's on the charger and then they go on.
i've gotten upwards of 14 hours of straight use on my phone before it needed a charge. With the usb charger, I've used computers, wall outlets, hell I've plugged it into a tv to charge it. Maybe those people need to invest in better batteries so they dont have to continually switch batteries like back in the 80's when phone first came out and they lasted 1 phone call

they dont have time, when they are in front of a computer, or in their car, really. That is such a bs excuse
I have the Blackberry Tour and apparently Blackberry left that phone out of the loop for the Version 6 upgrade. Version 6 is supposed to be a pretty big thing. I'm kind of pissed about that so I may go to Droid unless they change.
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I had a motorola before and went through 6 batteries in 2.5 years. The fucking things would be good for the first four months, then rapidly decline.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
Derick Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I have 2 iphones, and neither of them have decreased battery life. How long do you keep phones that you think you will wear a battery out? This isnt the 1980's anymore

After a couple years, yeah. Batteries don't hold their charges as good.
And I have 2 batteries for my phone. If I know I'm going to be out for a while, I can bring them both.
I've heard the jailbreak will become undone if the battery runs all the way down. Is this true?
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Apple approached Verizon about it first. Verizon wanted them to make too many changes (like removable batteries) so Apple went to AT&T.

i've gotten upwards of 14 hours of straight use on my phone before it needed a charge. With the usb charger, I've used computers, wall outlets, hell I've plugged it into a tv to charge it. Maybe those people need to invest in better batteries so they dont have to continually switch batteries like back in the 80's when phone first came out and they lasted 1 phone call

they dont have time, when they are in front of a computer, or in their car, really. That is such a bs excuse

My brother had an iPhone that got to the point where he had to charge it every 4 or 5 hours.
I'm not gonna bother arguing about which phone is best but the only issues I have with the iphone are ; no BBM, and how much of a pain in the ass apple is.
Chip Wrote:After a couple years, yeah. Batteries don't hold their charges as good.
And I have 2 batteries for my phone. If I know I'm going to be out for a while, I can bring them both.

Yeah, but who keeps a phone longer than 2 years?
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:After a couple years, yeah. Batteries don't hold their charges as good.

Yeah, but who keeps a phone longer than 2 years?

I used to. I upgrade every year now.
I'm just hoping for a decent re-sale value so I can get good money for it on ebay.
Joe Wrote:I have the Blackberry Tour and apparently Blackberry left that phone out of the loop for the Version 6 upgrade. Version 6 is supposed to be a pretty big thing. I'm kind of pissed about that so I may go to Droid unless they change.

Is that why I haven't had an update? A friend of mine was asking me if I have upgraded my BB yet. (she has the curve)
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM