Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dos Equis
Do any of you like this beer? Do any of you even drink it? I've always wanted to try it because I've heard about how good it was. I was at a friends house on Saturday and he was telling me how great it was so I tried one......what a disappointing experience. Maybe it was in his refrigerator too long or maybe because it was in a green bottle, but I did not like it. If I closed my eyes, I would have thought I was drinking Bud Light. Dos Equis is a horrible, watered down excuse for a beer.
Brian in NY Wrote:Do any of you like this beer? Do any of you even drink it? I've always wanted to try it because I've heard about how good it was. I was at a friends house on Saturday and he was telling me how great it was so I tried one......what a disappointing experience. Maybe it was in his refrigerator too long or maybe because it was in a green bottle, but I did not like it. If I closed my eyes, I would have thought I was drinking Bud Light. Dos Equis is a horrible, watered down excuse for a beer.

I don't drink beer but the dos equis bottles in MB are brown.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Do any of you like this beer? Do any of you even drink it? I've always wanted to try it because I've heard about how good it was. I was at a friends house on Saturday and he was telling me how great it was so I tried one......what a disappointing experience. Maybe it was in his refrigerator too long or maybe because it was in a green bottle, but I did not like it. If I closed my eyes, I would have thought I was drinking Bud Light. Dos Equis is a horrible, watered down excuse for a beer.

I think it comes in green or brown bottles, I think it's 2 different styles.
But I think it's ok, but not worth the price. And I've only had it on draft.
Chip Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

Ooo... I think you may be right. I think I may have seen a green bottle dos equis...
Chip Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

I'm sure the draft is better, but I won't be finding out.
I've had it. It was pretty good.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
It's in brown or green depending on the style of it. It's dece at best.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
When it comes to the Cerveza beers, there are some really good ones and some that suck.

My favorites are:

Negro Modela
Dos Equis Amber - Not to be confused with the other stuff

a decent gap
Leon
Pacifico

Everything else that I've tried is just OK. Corona may be one of the worst beers on the planet. I don't like Dos Equis lager much either. But the Amber is really nice.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I'll have to give the Amber a shot.
I can drink a 6 pack of dos equis easily. This year might be different though. I've tried so many new beers the last couple of months, that I may have a different interpretation of it.