Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-20-10 Wednesday Blah, Blah, Blah
We get flu shots every year....and so far so good...no flu...of course we get the occasional cold, but who doesn't??? This year the H1N1 vac is also part of the regular flu shot...so that's good....right???? Derick says it's good and I believe him...yo
I find it difficult to believe that people can't find work when there is plenty of work out there. It may not be one you like or in your previous pay range, but many people think they are too good or over qualified for some jobs. If there is no work in your area either take your lawn mower or snow blower and knock on doors or move...thoughts!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
michaelangelo Wrote:so they're talking about the flu shot on hits 1 (which probably means it'll be a topic on the C&R show) but I just want to know what everyone's take is on it. I've gotten it the last few years, and I haven't gotten sick but I know a lot of people are against it. Why?

I won't get one. The reason, my mother in law. She was a die hard flu shotter until it made her very sick and now is in a wheel chair. She was taking some other medications and ended up that lucky few percent that had a reaction. She started out really sick and was hospitalized for a while, her health deteriorated over the next few months until she needed a walker to walk. Within a few years she was in a wheel chair and now is on her second power chair. This is all over a span of about 7 years.

No flu shot for me.
Iva13 Wrote:We get flu shots every year....and so far so good...no flu...of course we get the occasional cold, but who doesn't??? This year the H1N1 vac is also part of the regular flu shot...so that's good....right???? Derick says it's good and I believe him...yo
i never said that. I said that the h1n1 is part of the shot this year, I never endorsed actually getting the shot. I have never gotten one, nor will I get one
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
No flu shot for me either. I remember when I was in the police academy and right before Thanksgiving they came around giving those out. Me and one other guy took a pass and the rest of my session got them. They all had the flu over Thanksgiving.

I'll take my chances.
Iva13 Wrote:We get flu shots every year....and so far so good...no flu...of course we get the occasional cold, but who doesn't??? This year the H1N1 vac is also part of the regular flu shot...so that's good....right???? Derick says it's good and I believe him...yo

I've never gotten one. And have never really gotten sick.
Derick Wrote:
i never said that. I said that the h1n1 is part of the shot this year, I never endorsed actually getting the shot. I have never gotten one, nor will I get one
is it because you don't think its safe or because you don't worry about the flu?
Derick Wrote:

Derick I thought you said b/c you work in a health place you HAD to get one....and you told me about the h1n1.... Confusedlap:
michaelangelo Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
is it because you don't think its safe or because you don't worry about the flu?
I believe that our bodies posess the ability to fight off infection, and they are pretty damn good at it. Introducing an outside factor inhibits the bodies natural defense mechanisms weakening the immune system. I'd rather let my body fight the infection and stregnthen the immune system
Iva13 Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

Derick I thought you said b/c you work in a health place you HAD to get one....and you told me about the h1n1.... Confusedlap:
I can file for an exemption so I dont have to get one.
Here is a good example. I collaborate with a lab on wound healing. Essentially we take mice and punch holes in there skin, then fill them with bacteria. After a set number of days, in this case every day for 10 days, we kill a mouse then test for bacterial load around the wound. In normal mice, after day 1 ALL of the bacteria has been eliminated by the body, this continues all the way through day 10. Zero bacteria found for all 10 days.

This means that the body itself fought off the bacteria we introduced. And we used a rather large amount of bacteria
They are picking cotton here too. Corn, and milo are also being cut. Wheat is being planted.
Derick Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
I believe that our bodies posess the ability to fight off infection, and they are pretty damn good at it. Introducing an outside factor inhibits the bodies natural defense mechanisms weakening the immune system. I'd rather let my body fight the infection and stregnthen the immune system
what about vaccines? I got all of mine and I think i'm fine but i have to make these decisions for my daughter now and it's kinda scary.
michaelangelo Wrote:what about vaccines? I got all of mine and I think i'm fine but i have to make these decisions for my daughter now and it's kinda scary.

how old is your daughter? 2 and talking is the benchmark. If she is not 2 years old AND talking wait.

http://twoandtalking.com/
and I've gotten enough vaccines for a couple of people, due to the fact i work at a hospital

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM