Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skynet
As cool as this would be, I bet it won't happen.

http://www.thespec.com/news/business/art...in-traffic

The police won't be able to write tickets, the government won't let themselves get robbed like that.
Politicians won't get to have all their fun of passing laws about cell phones and drunk driving.
Insurance companies couldn't blame drivers for accidents and jack up their rates.

It's just too cool to actually happen.
I'll never get to sleep on the drive to work.
I know you guy's think i'm pretty out there with this stuff. :blahblah: I think you are slowly losing your freedoms and everything you do is being more and more documented. Yea the car driving you sounds nice, but how long before they regulate when and where you're allowed to go.

And notice who's pushing the idea?? Google. They store so much personal information on people, they're getting banned from operating in some foreign countrys.
negadave Wrote:I know you guy's think i'm pretty out there with this stuff. :blahblah: I think you are slowly losing your freedoms and everything you do is being more and more documented. Yea the car driving you sounds nice, but how long before they regulate when and where you're allowed to go.

And notice who's pushing the idea?? Google. They store so much personal information on people, they're getting banned from operating in some foreign countrys.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. That's why I titled this "skynet".
I just want to be able to sleep a little longer on the drive to work.
I heard they aren't putting this out on the commercial market.
If they were would you want one? Not me.

If your late to work and want to do 70 in a 55, nope.
If you got a truck and you wanna take it off roading, sorry bro. "this is not a dot approved road"
Got a fast car and want to race somebody, your beat.

And wherever and whenever you go somewhere it's documented.
negadave Wrote:I heard they aren't putting this out on the commercial market.

If you got a truck and you wanna take it off roading, sorry bro. "this is not a dot approved road"

:whomo:
LeNeve Wrote:

:whomo:
Big Grin :finger: How do you fix one of those cars when it's not doing what it's supposed to. Is the liability on you if you work on it and it crashes and the driver dies? I'll get an old carberated muscle car if those things become common

You mean you'll have to follow the rules?
Maybe the reason I'm running late is because some asshole was doing 70 in a 55 and caused an accident. Causing thousands of other people to be late too.
Chip Wrote:

Maybe the reason I'm running late is because some asshole was doing 70 in a 55 and caused an accident. Causing thousands of other people to be late too.

Are you saying you never go over the speed limit? I have a hard time believing that one.
negadave Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Are you saying you never go over the speed limit? I have a hard time believing that one.

On the freeway I usually set the cruis control at about 5 over the speed limit.
I drive 40 miles one way to work. I'd much rather sleep or play games on my phone then sit there and drive.
The asshole driving 70 in a 55 zone RARELY causes the accident. It's the douchebag driving 40 in a 55 zone that causes the accident. It's the speed differential, not the speed itself.
Hondo Wrote:The asshole driving 70 in a 55 zone RARELY causes the accident. It's the douchebag driving 40 in a 55 zone that causes the accident. It's the speed differential, not the speed itself.

I bet they're at least equally responsible. And I'm still pretty sure the guy going faster causes more. They're the ones cutting people off and weaving in and out of traffic.
And the solution? Get them all driving the same speed.
Chip Wrote:
Hondo Wrote:The asshole driving 70 in a 55 zone RARELY causes the accident. It's the douchebag driving 40 in a 55 zone that causes the accident. It's the speed differential, not the speed itself.

I bet they're at least equally responsible. And I'm still pretty sure the guy going faster causes more. They're the ones cutting people off and weaving in and out of traffic.

I don't know about that. Everytime I drive fast, I'm super focused. I see a car up ahead in my lane, I back off. I see a car coming in the opposite lane, I back off. I see cars coming on the cross roads, I watch them. I live in a place where you can see other cars though. When I go to Denver, the Rockies, or even Wichita, I change my driving.

The guy speeding, and weaving in and out of traffic, he is a maniac. A rare one. Or drunk, but not super drunk. The super drunk guys drive slowly. (usually).
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I don't know about that. Everytime I drive fast, I'm super focused. I see a car up ahead in my lane, I back off. I see a car coming in the opposite lane, I back off. I see cars coming on the cross roads, I watch them. I live in a place where you can see other cars though. When I go to Denver, the Rockies, or even Wichita, I change my driving.

The guy speeding, and weaving in and out of traffic, he is a maniac. A rare one. Or drunk, but not super drunk. The super drunk guys drive slowly. (usually).
After being out west or a week, it made me realize how crazy people drive here in the northeast. I'm talkin from Mass down past DC. If you're not getting tailgated, you getting cut off or pulled out in front of most of the time.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
LeNeve Wrote:I don't know about that. Everytime I drive fast, I'm super focused. I see a car up ahead in my lane, I back off. I see a car coming in the opposite lane, I back off. I see cars coming on the cross roads, I watch them.

Anyone can drive fast. But few can be fast drivers. You'll understand what I'm getting at here.