Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010-2011 season
Pete Nice Wrote:So I missed the Pens game last night, thank god, but I see today that Crosby dropped the gloves last night, not only did he drop them, he dropped them in defense of Letang. And he handily won the fight. Now Chip is gonna tell me all about how the guy he fought is the biggest pussy in the NHL, which we know can't be true b/c Briere is the biggest pussy in the NHL, but you have to admit, Crosby is the complete package AND a huge team player. You would never see Ovechkin, Hossa, Kovulchuk, Gaborik or Stamkos do that.
as much as its "commendable" for him to defend his teammate...................
thats the stupidest thing for Crosby to do
he isn't paid to fight, so much posibility for injury...then what happens?
Stars aren't there to fight........dummy, he's a dummy
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:So I missed the Pens game last night, thank god, but I see today that Crosby dropped the gloves last night, not only did he drop them, he dropped them in defense of Letang. And he handily won the fight. Now Chip is gonna tell me all about how the guy he fought is the biggest pussy in the NHL, which we know can't be true b/c Briere is the biggest pussy in the NHL, but you have to admit, Crosby is the complete package AND a huge team player. You would never see Ovechkin, Hossa, Kovulchuk, Gaborik or Stamkos do that.

Every once in a while, it's good for stars to fight. It's a message to their team, the other team, the league. Would Tampa have won a cup if Lecavalier hadn't fought Iginla?

Oh, and I only listened to the game, so I haven't seen it, but Carcillo might get suspended. :roll:
Brampton Wrote:

While I do agree, at the same time it shows his leadership, comradarie with his teammates, desire to win and motivate his team while they are struggling.

That my friend is leadership. That is a guy who should be beloved throughout the league, not hated on.

His teammates love him, which is one of the reasons he might be one of the best captains in the NHL right now.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

While I do agree, at the same time it shows his leadership, comradarie with his teammates, desire to win and motivate his team while they are struggling.

That my friend is leadership. That is a guy who should be beloved throughout the league, not hated on.

His teammates love him, which is one of the reasons he might be one of the best captains in the NHL right now.
:crank: :crank: :crank:
ask any hockey coach......at any age level......they all say it is stupid. His leadership isn't shown by getting into a fight.
Yes it rouses his teammates, but if he is the leader, he has to make smart decisions and that isn't a smart decision. His hands are more important in the gloves on his stick, than making contact with an opponents face!!
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

:crank: :crank: :crank:
ask any hockey coach......at any age level......they all say it is stupid. His leadership isn't shown by getting into a fight.
Yes it rouses his teammates, but if he is the leader, he has to make smart decisions and that isn't a smart decision. His hands are more important in the gloves on his stick, than making contact with an opponents face!!

Probably why he has only dropped them 5 times. He can't win in your eyes. If he never dropped them, you would call him a pussy. Hatin since 78......

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I just Confusedlap: Pete in fantasy hockey. 8-1. :happy:
Chip Wrote:I just Confusedlap: Pete in fantasy hockey. 8-1. :happy:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have been neglecting my poor team terribly. I can't access them from my phone, so it been difficult to do anything with it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have been neglecting my poor team terribly. I can't access them from my phone, so it been difficult to do anything with it.

I set my hockey teams every monday, for the week.
I always forget about my football team. I'm down 106 to 58 right now. One player playing tonight. Somehow I've won 2 weeks in that.
Remember the days when Lindros would skate up the ice with his head down and get crushed. And people would say it was his own fault for not keeping his head up? I actually miss those days.
[youtube]tylu3vEWwE4[/youtube]

Even last year. This was a samble of "the hit we don't want to get out of the game" during all the blindside hit talks.
[youtube]RLbLiGXqHIA[/youtube]

Now this is 2 games.
[youtube]m55RtBUyKcA[/youtube]

It's all bullshit.
I agree, but if the league is going to do something, they need to be consistent about it, that is the problem. Bunch of pussies in sports now. There was a big time pussy call in Monday Night Football tonight when they called a personal foul on Casey Hampton for trying to tackle the QB. He dove before Palmer threw the ball and hit him at thigh level, yet it was still a 15 yard penalty that led to a Bengals TD.

Bunch of pussies in Sports. In 2004, I broke my ankle on Feb 28 and was playing minor league football by the end of May when the doctor said I would not be able to play until July.

Bunch of pussies in sports. :rant:

I forgot I was playing fantasy hockey. I should go look at that, then do nothing again.
Pete Nice Wrote:I agree, but if the league is going to do something, they need to be consistent about it, that is the problem. Bunch of pussies in sports now. There was a big time pussy call in Monday Night Football tonight when they called a personal foul on Casey Hampton for trying to tackle the QB. He dove before Palmer threw the ball and hit him at thigh level, yet it was still a 15 yard penalty that led to a Bengals TD.

Bunch of pussies in Sports. In 2004, I broke my ankle on Feb 28 and was playing minor league football by the end of May when the doctor said I would not be able to play until July.

Bunch of pussies in sports. :rant:
:high5:
Eric Lindros was a big Pussy! I hated that guy.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
GM meetings/news stuff...

Captains picking all star teams 'playground' style? This will be a stupid train-wreck that I won't be able to stay away from. All-star game will still be lame.

Coach's review, like the NFL. I think it's dumb. They review goals already, and most of the time they get it right. And you can't start having them review judgement calls and penalties. If they look close enough they can find penalties in almost any play.

OT, 4 of 4 for 4 minutes, then 3 on 3 for 4 more minutes, then the shoot out. Just get rid of the shot out, bring back the ties, and extend the 4 on 4 OT to ten minutes and call it a day.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Hey, so what's the over/under for Stamkos' goals for the year? 60?

44. I think St. Lious is gonna be the guy there this year.

He's at 13 already.
That guy is going to be a monster.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Chip